Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for UK Supply Chain Manager that will be responsible for overseeing and providing functional leadership for procurement, sub-contracting and the preservation of products, services, and company assets throughout.
Primary responsibilities include the following:-
- Driving contracts and procurement activity including tendering and management of FEED/ EPC & EPCM scopes.
- experience in EPC contracts within PMC/Owner capacity
- Gather market intelligence and prepare robust contract strategy recommendations to support project execution.
- Working as part of a PMC portfolio management team implementing contracts and procurement procedures in line with the Kent procurement policies and processes
- Ensure appropriate flowdown of client contract requirements
- Directly handling the procurement of engineered packages
- Liaising with client project and procurement personnel to understand requirements;
- Preparing and administering purchase orders, subcontract service agreements and consultancy agreements;
- Overseeing and guiding on Oracle Fusion ERP implementation;
- Contributing to the development of functional processes and procedures and aligning with local requirements;
- Manage the procurement process and associated software application as per company KMS procurement standards and procedures;
- Manage vendors, third party suppliers and service providers;
- Build market intelligence and supply solutions to support business growth;
- Sourcing and overall activity:
- Ensure Approved Suppliers Lists are compiled, maintained and adhered to;
- Utilise ERP system for P2P process including sourcing and negotiation events;
- Liaise with the projects to ensure that project procurement requirements are being satisfied;
- Take a direct leading role in the negotiation of terms and conditions with key strategic service providers;
- Provide input, where necessary, to the preparation of pre-qualification exercises, tender documentation and any project specific procurement documents;
- Provide materials pricing and contract strategy guidance for proposals and estimating.
- Project Staffing:
- Work with VP Supply Chain, Country Manager and Projects Manager/Director to verify and enhance the competency of Supply Chain staff through assessment and training
- Assist with the structure and staffing of major procurement projects in the appropriate location.
- Reporting & Auditing:
- Monitor internal and external stakeholder satisfaction with regard to the services provided by the procurement function;
- Identify areas of risk and recommend actions to be taken - drive the implementation of these improvements.
- Monitor vendor/supplier performance through the implementation of KPI’s;
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Level 4 Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (from CIPS), a university degree in engineering, a science discipline or contract law.
- Proven track record of building, developing and mentoring teams
- Demonstrable experience in ERP systems, preferably Oracle Fusion
- Proven track record of developing and implementing procurement programs and procedures
- Proven track record in managing the procurement or engineered packages
- Experience of working across multiple markets and jurisdictions and working with teams remotely
- Experience of developing and implementing procurement and asset management procedures
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.