Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent has a exciting career opportunities for a full time Expeditor. Based out of our Calgary office, the Expeditor is part of a dynamic team responsible for planning and performing expediting activities to ensure the timely delivery of materials and equipment. Reporting to the Manager,Procurement and Contracts. This is a two Year Term / full time staff position.
- Preparing and executing the expediting plan for the project.
- Supporting Buyers during the bid/evaluate/award phase.
- Participating in meetings with vendors.
- Monitoring vendor progress including submission of vendor drawings and manuals, placement of material orders, manufacturing, and preparations for delivery.
- Supporting the approval of vendor progress payments.
- Ensuring that any problems that may cause deviation from the technical specifications or project schedule are reported immediately.
- Coordinating shipments, and monitoring delivery schedules and shipment processes.
- Carrying out all expediting activities for assigned purchase orders.
- Evaluating and recommending corrective actions to ensure that materials/equipment arrive on site in accordance with contractual and project schedule requirements.
- Maintaining computerized systems and ensuring that changes affecting schedule and updates on material status are promptly input.
- Producing expediting reports and ensuring follow-up on action items.
- Monitoring and expediting the timely issuance as well as receipt and return of vendor documents.
- Monitoring and expediting resolution of over, short and damaged material reports related to purchased materials and equipment.
- Participating in project team meetings, as required.
- Participate in developing project logistic plans.
- Ensuring compliance with all of Kent policies, practices and standards.
- Establishing and implementing improvements to existing methods and procedures.
- Developing and managing vendor relationships.
- Working with Project Procurement & Contracts Managers to ensure all terms and conditions of vendor contracts are being adhered to.
- Participating in vendor performance evaluation.
- Working with Project Procurement Managers and vendors to resolve communication breakdowns or issues.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with various internal parties such as Project Managers, and the Procurement, Engineering, and Construction teams.
Your knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management or related field or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 10 years related experience in expediting, material procurement, and/or supply chain management.
- Experience in an EPC or Project environment
- Demonstrated ability in Vendor Management Practices.
- Strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Self starter and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office and knowledge of materials management software/databases like Oracle Fusion.
- Proven pro-active work style and attention to detail.