Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for Lead Process Engineer that will directly report to the Engineering Manager. Lead Process Engineer will typically supervise a team of engineers to address all discipline specific requirements within the project and provides necessary input and support to project progress and reporting.
This is part of a recruitment drive during 2023 to build a team delivering Energy Transition EPC Projects, including Waste to Fuels and Green H2. We are seeking high caliber people for this key Engineering role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan. The UK Engineering group supports a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon/ Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. You’ll need to be a confident and practical leader, with a strong discipline background, and a collaborative and enthusiastic outlook. You will be working closely with clients, international workshare and lead by example, being committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working. Teamwork and growing our people are at the foundation of our business. To do this we need to be together.
- Capable of performing general duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- May undertake discrete specialist studies / technology reviews under supervision.
- Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency.
- Supports the Project Management Team in planning, identifies technical issues that could limit progress and impact project budgets, and interfaces with the client.
- Principal Engineer is typically accountable to the Project Manager / Project Engineering Manager, depending on size and complexity of project.
- Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental/Group Manager.
- As a Lead Engineer, execute process engineering design for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC projects.
- Can be technically responsible for all process engineering work and allocating supervising and directing deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues, with support from Group Manager / Consultant Process Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
- Reviews the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
- Supervises, reviews and checks the process activities including Process Design Basis, Philosophies, Studies, Heat & Material Balances, PFDs & UFDs, PEDs, Process Systems including P&IDs, Flow Assurance, Relief and Flare Design, Process Datasheets & HAZOP Close Out. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Test’s.
- Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary process engineering input and support to close out of actions.
- Identifies a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Responsible for planning/scheduling the process engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls/ reporting input to Project Management.
- Provides support to Procurement including long lead items enquiry: prepares Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Participates in HAZOP meeting with the client and representatives of the other engineering disciplines.
- Consults Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with Kent’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Co-ordinates Internal and client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department. Complying with other Kent accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001.
- Contributes to training and development of other staff including identifying employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor.
- Decisions limited to the scope of project requirement specifications. Consults with Supervisor on main issues of equipment specification and selection. May make recommendations on mobilization/demobilization of personnel. May perform recruitment tasks in identifying qualified engineers and designers.
- Manages typically five to thirty engineers (Principal to Juniors) in UK and overseas.
- Duties essentially performed in Main Office. Time spent in production of deliverables, supervision, planning, coordination and attending meetings. Required to travel to other Kent offices, Client’s offices, vendor workshops, and attend site visits as necessary, in accordance with corporate or project requirements
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering
- Chartered Status preferred. Significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition projects.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
- Tactful in resolving issues
- Budget Management & Cost awareness
- Proactive approach
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Exposure to Consultancy, FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects.
- Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes
- In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
- Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures.
- Activity Scheduling and discipline work priorities.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Planning and forecasting ability
- Analytical and problem-solving mind
- Global work share experience
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.