About you: Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage. Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING Read more
about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job:
Kent is seeking a Lead Electrical Commissioning Technician for a long-term Commissioning & Startup Project in Beaumont, TX. Will report to Electrical Commissioning Lead and supervise up to 10 I&C Technicians broken into 5 pairs.
- Direct supervisor of Electrical Commissioning Technicians assigned to site-wide support.
- Provides technical direction to Electrical Commissioning Technicians assigned to Areas.
- Supports the Area Commissioning Leads and interfaces with PE’s, CMT, MC, Start-Up, and Operations personnel on electrical commissioning issues.
- Be proficient in Permit To Work systems as a signee and to ensure that all applicable permits required for daily activities are ready and signed on daily by the whole work force.
- Ensures that resources and consumables are available for technicians to execute work.
- Reviews and verifies progress and completion of project check sheets,
- Provides technical leadership and expertise to the project team (site-wide).
- Verifies that electrical equipment and systems are fully commissioned at Handover, and ready to operate in compliance with the Project design, standards and specifications, the Systems Completion Plan and Control Procedures.
- Direct ownership and execution management of Static & Dynamic electrical commissioning activity resulting in Handover to Operations and providing assistance in Start-Up efforts.
- Identifies and manages electrical commissioning resource needs, tools , test equipment, consumables, spares, etc.
- Ensures the correct resource levels and technical skills are assigned to meet each Area’s schedule and commissioning execution requirements.
- Manages and directs core discipline teams of technicians, vendors and specialist subcontractors across all plant areas (as well as at SITs and SATs).
- Ensures appropriate Commissioning, and Handover documentation is completed correctly and comprehensively (supported by TO/HO team ).
- Support the development of Electrical Commissioning Plans and Schedules, for the assigned plant Area and activities.
- Manages execution of electrical commissioning activity against these plans and schedules to ensure a safe and effective completion of the commissioning and acceptance phase and transition of systems to steady state operations.
- Progress and productivity reporting against the overall schedules and performance metrics.
- Overall Responsibility for Safety and Environmental controls for electrical commissioning activities in all buildings, systems and work areas that their teams are assigned to.
- Interface with Company Safety Advisor and Contractor Safety Officers to ensure a safe and environmentally responsible project execution.
|Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Technical diploma and/or 15+ years of Project Completion, Operations and electrical commissioning and startup experience.
- Established track record in supervision of large teams through Mechanical Completion, Commissioning, Start Up and initial plant operations.
- Proven strong technical skills in electrical commissioning and startup procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of Project Completion standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Strong understanding of Project execution, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning & Completion practices.
- Demonstrated management and organizational ability for large teams with strong people skills.
- Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Demonstrated work ethic with delivery focus with strong organizational ability.
- Exposure to Oil Company practices, processes, and expectations with respect to Systems Completion, Preservation, Commissioning and Start Up operations.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and sub‑contractors.
- Full fluency in English is required.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department.