About you: Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage. Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING Read more
about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job:
Kent is hiring a Senior Planning Engineer for a long-term Commissioning & Startup LNG project based in Port Arthur, TX.
- Reports to the Project Controls Manager.
- Assess and provide input to planning related deliverables including but not limited to overall project schedule, construction/fabrication schedule, commissioning schedule, commissioning and Start-up fishbones, skylines, etc.
- Develop and updates commissioning and start-up fishbones, skylines, and schedules and steward them regularly with project team.
- Develop resource loaded Level 4 & 5 schedules (resource loading, vendors, materials, equipment, temporaries) for project activities to achieve an integrated project schedule (Engineering/ Construction/ Commissioning/ Start-Up/ Performance Test).
- Assists the preparation of project Systems Completion deliverables to effectively optimize activities and resources sharing synergies for project completion phase.
- Validate planning deliverables with discipline specialists and Commissioning Leads. Hold regular meetings with project teams and steward progress of project activities.
- Assists in prioritizing turnovers and system completion from the subsystem to component levels.
- Leads system completion front-to-back planning efforts and communicates the results to the Project Team.
- Analyses execution performance identifies current critical activities and makes recommendations to the Project Management Team on emerging system completion/start up scenarios.
- Assists Project Management Team in preparing planning deliverables to effectively optimize activities and resources.
- Supports the development and updating of System Completion Plans.
- Responsible for developing, compiling, and reporting on Systems Completions KPIs for project dashboard.
- Develops systems completion reports during planning and execution phases. Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Power Bi and/or Tableau is a plus.
- Tracks and reports on overall site construction and commissioning priorities by system to drive Mechanical Completion and Commissioning milestone target dates.
- Develop, track, and update plan and actual Turn Over metrics such as check sheet completion progress, Mechanical Completion certificates progress, outstanding punch list items, Handover progress, start-up procedures progress, dynamic commissioning procedures progress, etc.
- When required, develops detailed Start-up Schedule and updates throughout the start-up phase at a daily activity level.
- Apply lessons learned and participate in lessons learned workshop. Capture Lesson Learned throughout the project.
- Develop in conjunction with project team close-out report.
- Any other duties as required.
|Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, science, or business management preferred.
- 7+ years of closely related experience as scheduler, planner, project control lead or manager in commissioning and/or start-up projects.
- Experience in EPC execution of O&G major projects.
- Experience in Cost Control, Change Management, Planning, Progress Measurement, Risk Management, and Estimating across engineering, procurement, construction, and completions.
- Systems Completion awareness and acumen. Knowledge of Systems Completions deliverables, definitions, timing, resources.
- Strong planning background with specific knowledge of commissioning and start-up activities during planning and execution.
- Proven problem solver, self-motivated with time management skills.
- Primavera P6 - Subject Matter Expert level of knowledge
- Able to effectively communicate commercial solutions and concepts to project personnel.
- Familiarity with Procurement Systems (Oracle, PM+, VPRM) or similar.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills required.
- Expert technical skills and judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful working relationships and become a team player.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software programs.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills; ability to interact professionally and knowledgeably with wide variety of individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills required