Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Senior Process Engineer who has demonstrated excellent technical competence in their field, plus has strong capabilities in leadership, project coordination and communication.
You will provide leadership in design, development, optimization and implementation of major processes and systems in petrochemical, refining and the oil and gas sectors.
- Provide process engineering leadership on single or multiple projects from conception through detailed design, commissioning, and troubleshooting.
- Develop heat and material balance, process flow diagram (PFDs), process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), process data sheets for equipment and instruments, hydraulic line sizing, and technical calculations.
- Perform engineering studies, engineering design, specify process equipment, review and analysis of vendor data to satisfy project requirements. Function as technical specialist to formulate and develop advanced engineering concepts.
- Work on process simulations using industry state of the art software. Prepare engineering calculations as required.
- Provide technical support to the Business Development group and assist with proposal preparation.
- Define the project scope of work and design criteria.
- Ensure technical and quality compliance of scope of work with relevant standards and procedures consistent with project objectives. Conduct/follow Peer Check and Squad Check procedures for technical deliverables.
- Develop the Engineering Manhour Estimate (EME). Establish the manpower loading and milestone schedule for the project. Issue progress status updates.
- Define scope of work and prepare estimate and schedule for process engineering portion of work in a project.
- When working as a Lead, assign work tasks to other process engineers on the project team. Review and approve the work in accordance to company procedures.
- Hold client and vendors meetings. Hold intra-discipline coordination meetings and attend cross discipline coordination meetings.
- Demonstrate ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required timeframes.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering and 10+ years experience with a minimum of 5 years in petrochemical, refining, oil and gas sectors.
- P.E. registration is desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of process engineering guidelines and standards.
- Requires advanced process design techniques, analyses, practices, and procedures for all aspects of process engineering work.
- MS Office (must be highly proficient in Excel and Word, working knowledge in Access).
- Proficiency in using Aspen Hysys, Pro II and other simulation software.
- Familiar with commonly used process engineering standards and codes including but not limited to API, GPS as well as commonly used process engineering software.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills required.