Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we are the team for you. We have created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We are heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer (PMC). You will be an integrated part of the Project Management Consultancy (PMC) team managing projects on behalf of Kent and our Client. You will be required to support all phases of the projects to suit the needs and requirements of Kent as well as our Client.
• Be a team player, collaborate, and add value to the assigned project
• Coordinate/Communicate with other disciplines, Contractor and Client.
• Review Contractor’s deliverables as required and ensure all Contractor’s engineering and design work performed meets quality, cost and schedule requirements.
• Ensure all Contractor’s design work is safe and carried out in a safe manner.
• Ensure all Contractor’s design work conforms to the codes and standards used by the Client or to agreed industry standards.
• If required, perform designing/engineering work/deliverables as part of the team.
• Ability to interpret Client specifications.
• Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system
• Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and advise Client, and ask for assistance when required
• If required, assist, and support junior personnel within the team
• If required, provide support during fabrication, site construction, and commissioning activities
• Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Liaising with other engineers/technicians to ensure updates to technical standards are maintained and disseminated to the team.
• Reviewing and monitoring the professional man hours and assessing the progress and quality of civil/structural work.
• Adhere to the best practices, standards, and procedures.
• Proficient in various types of analysis including static, seismic dynamics, equipment dynamics etc.,
• Proficient in the use of computer analysis & design software's (e.g., STAAD.Pro, Mat3D, Foundation 3D, RAM, PROKON, LIMCON, Mathcad or similar program).
• Experience in performing adequacy check for existing pipe rack/pipe support/equipment structure/other etc., and its retrofitting in structural steel and foundation.
• Reviewing General arrangement, Layout, Structural, Concrete, architectural drawings and composite layouts based on project requirements.
• Review reports, designs, specifications, and contract documents.
• Review all drafting work for projects using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, SPR (Smart Plant Review) or Solid works.
• To technically review designs produced and verify completeness to technical and Company standards.
• Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for civil/structural input.
• Providing technical expertise to queries from construction team.
• Collaborate and interact with construction teams, sub-contractors, architects and outside project developers and consultants.
• Performing fieldwork is necessary to gather field data, check tie-ins and provide construction support.
• Reviewing fabrication drawings and other construction submittals for conformance to engineering drawings and specifications.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering Minimum
15 years relevant experience
Have worked for at least 3 years in similar positions for an international company
• Communication Skills
• Work in office and Site based environments
• Capable of using the appropriate software
• Excellent interpersonal and analytical attributes
• Able to effectively communicate technical issues to peers and line manager (written and verbal).
Details about the role: