Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
- Developing, approving, and coordinating work schedules to ensure safety, cost, quality and time objectives are met.
- Investigating, and resolving project problems.
- Act as liaison between Client, Contractor, and Engineering office to get the answer of DCNs and RFIs in a timely manner.
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships.
- Lead project meetings and workshops.
- Providing technical guidance to co-workers, and mentor junior project engineers.
- Manage engineering activities and deliverables, as well project support tasks.
- Helping the Project Manager to monitor and control the project budget and schedule.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in any engineering discipline
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or eligible for APEGA registration.
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant engineering experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Minimum 2 years project engineering or discipline lead experience.
- Field Experience is an asset.
- Technical experience as a technical engineer, and as a discipline lead is an asset.
- Previous EPC/EPCM experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of project management and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields.
- Working knowledge of the company’s established guidelines, procedures, and practices as well as other departments, suppliers and contractors.
- Multi-discipline experience: knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines (process, civil/structural, instrumentation, electrical, mechanical, piping).
- Working knowledge of planning and control methods.
- General understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria.
- Proficiency in a variety of standard project management methods and techniques.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously with a team of a diverse workforce.
- Strong organizational, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Team player as well working-lead responsible for key deliverables
- Proven multi-tasker with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet assignment schedule & deliver quality products under pressure.
- Self-motivated & goal-oriented.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).