Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Project Engineer to be based in Aberdeen. You will be part of a growing multi-discipline Asset Integrity team supporting a wide range of clients both in the North Sea region and globally. The team will provide specialist support and input into bidding/tendering for work from new and existing clients as well as leading discipline specific scopes in your relevant area of expertise. Additionally, the team will provide support to clients with their day-to-day integrity issues, finding innovative and robust solutions to allow for safe continued operation.
· To coordinate projects and assignments, ranging from small, engineered solutions to larger projects, as required.
· To ensure projects are undertaken in accordance with corporate HSQE Management Systems and associated corporate management systems and documentation.
· Package manage work as allocated by the Project Manager or wider Team for clients, including estimating, tendering, planning and execution.
· Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging issues and interface requests with support from the Team.
· Provide support to bid activities, including preparation of tender deliverables and supplier interfacing and client meetings.
· Act in a focal point role for key client projects, or external vendors and suppliers.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline.
· Chartered or working towards chartered status with a relevant Engineering Institution e.g., IMechE, IEEE, etc.
· Proven experience in relevant discipline area.
· Experience of other engineering disciplines is beneficial.
· Knowledge of equipment specifications and codes.
· Knowledge of safety and quality procedures.
· High level of MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook & Teams.
· Experience with typical industry client systems, e.g. JDE, SAP, Maximo, COABIS, etc.
· Effective communicator with ability to liaise with client contacts, including site-based personnel, technical discipline staff and project management.
· Self-motivated & comfortable taking responsibility across a range of tasks.
· Well organised and methodical in your approach to project work.
· General understanding and experience of how offshore assets.
· Knowledge of process and/or C&I would be beneficial.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.