Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Senior Expert Project Services/Project Controls Lead (Systems) to be based in Woking, Munich or Burghausen. Reporting to Director – Operations.
These positions will form a Project Controls team supporting the delivery of small projects within the Burghausen, DE refinery. The Project Controls lead will lead this team. Projects will include brownfield modifications, and routine maintenance projects within the refinery, generally up to 20m EUR in value.
- Project Controls lead to manage the project controls service delivery to a small projects organisation in an existing refinery
- Develop 120 day plan of the plan and Schedule.
- Develop baseline and PMS guidelines (WBS, CBS, WFP, CTR, P6 task Codes, DCC, ROC)
- Develop and communicate project control plans, procedure
- Develop and communicate templates for progress, EV, VOWD, productivity, cost report and schedule.
- Monitor and update costs spent vs budget within reporting period, cumulative and forecast to go costs.
- Monitor and update Management of change log
- Implement E-Timesheet and PAAF/ PAF system and submission/approval to Client weekly.
- Monitor and update sales invoiced within reporting period, cumulative and forecast sales.
- Prepare and submit invoicing / progress claims and expedite payment.
- Keep detailed record of any delays due to client and submit the corresponding claim.
- Assist with Preparation of EOT (Extension of Time) and prolongation claim(s) if required.
- Analyse monthly and cumulative budgets verses forecast verses actuals for sales and costs. Highlight any shortfall and propose recovery plan.
- Responsible for tracking costs on the project and ensuring that the CCS (Cost Control Sheet) is kept up to date on a monthly basis.
- Supervise development of a detailed Primavera Project schedule by Project Planner, incorporating all aspects of Pre-Construction, Procurement and Construction activities
- Manage Administration of the project schedule and ensure critical path elements are targeted and do not have a negative impact on completion of the project.
- Coordinate / Supervise collection of measurement data including: Resource management, EV, VOWD, cost, schedule, Commodity tracking, physical progress, S/E (productivity) and reporting.
- Continually interrogate schedule critical paths and ensure Project Manager is aware of any potential slippages that might arise and produce a recovery plan if required to mitigate such elements.
- Produce weekly and monthly Project progress reports and highlight in any areas of concern for discussion with client to resolve any schedule or cost issues.
- Assess remaining works and calculate estimates-to-complete time and cost.
- Develop performance metrics and reports for executive leaders, project managers and construction supervisors and highlight negative variances / trends, potential issues and risk status.
- Assist project managers in identifying trends and implementing change management processes and procedures.
- Interface with procurement and subcontract and update systems with current and remaining commitments.
- Monitor all interfaces with operation for brownfield and SIMOPS activities
- Create and maintain project risk register.
- Administer project delivery related contractual obligations including relevant change management and close-out requirements.
- Provide expertise in developing project controls tools including resource and physical progress measurement and performance assessment systems; and efficiently integrate with existing cost and schedule systems.
- Engage, mentor, support and motivate project staff in their development and integration into the positive values and culture within the group.
- Provide opportunities and guidance that enable the transfer of learning into effective practice for project staff.
- Assess the skills, values and knowledge of new and current staff against the standards that apply to their role in order to devise individual, sector and service development plans.
- Provide learning opportunities related to the assessed needs of staff including induction and induction mentorship and continuing development opportunities, regularly reviewing and evaluating their experiences over their employment journey.
- Maintain standards of HSE and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care one’s of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in engineering, project/ construction management or related discipline.
- Experience in a project controls role in a construction environment.
- List software and tools we want the postholder to utilize and manage.
- Oracle/ ERP experience preferred.
- Power BI.
- DCC system (Aconex or equivalent).
- Cost system (Ecosys or equivalent).
- Schedule risk (ARM or Safran or equivalent).
- Construction management and work face planning (Aveva ERM or E7-Bentley or equivalent).
- Team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional communication skills –Able to communicate with peers, customers, and vendors.
- Demonstrated experience in working in an oil and gas company in a project controls role.
- Thorough understanding of project management and project controls concepts including: estimating, cost engineering, scheduling, risk management and earned value management systems
- Knowledgeable of construction and project drivers
- Highly skilled with the use of Excel and familiarity with cost systems
- Proficient in the use of Primavera P6 and the mechanics of exchanging and integrating cost information
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse range of disciplines in a construction setting.
- Strong work ethic, ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Familiarity with various types of Oil and Gas, Energy Sectors contracts.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.