Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Scope of Work:
Kent is looking for a Primary Steel Lead (Jackets) - Outside of IR35 to be based in one of our UK offices. FEED and Detailed Design of the Wind Turbine Generator Foundations for an Offshore Wind Farm in European waters.
· Capable of performing general duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
· Supports the Project Management Team in planning, identifies technical issues that could limit progress and impact project budgets, and interfaces with the client.
· As a Lead Engineer, execute engineering design for FEED and detailed design projects by management and direction setting of wider technical team.
· Technically responsible for all primary structural engineering work.
· Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues, with support from Engineering Manager and / or Project Manager.
· Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary engineering input and support to close out of actions.
· Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
· Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor.
· Significant related experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the Energy industry.
· Chartered Status preferred. Significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Offshore Wind Industry.
· Experience of FEED and detailed design projects for offshore fixed bottom foundations .
· Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice.
· Activity scheduling and project priorities.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.