The #OffshoreWinIt with Kent competition is now closed.
The winners are Matilda Child in the floating category and Malcolm Townley in the fixed category.
Offshore Win-It is a competition where applicants must build an offshore wind foundation structure, fixed or floating, that can hold up their Kent wind turbine. The winner will receive a £100 voucher from Smyths Toy Store or a $100 voucher from Amazon. Lastly, anyone who submits an entry will automatically be viable to adopt a tree from our Kent Forest – so really, everybody wins!
If you are attending Floating Offshore Wind in Aberdeen or ACP Offshore Wind Power in Rhode Island, then go to Kent’s exhibition stand and pick up your Kent wind turbine (pinwheel) to be eligible to take part in this competition. You can find our event details here: Kentplc.com/events.
Please note: There is no other way to receive or pick up the pinwheel other than at the stated events. You cannot participate in the competition using another non-Kent pinwheel.
The aim of the contest is to build the best offshore foundation structure, either fixed or floating for your Kent wind turbine (pinwheel).
What the foundation structures are made out of or what they look like is up to you. Just make sure the foundation is sturdy enough to hold up your pinwheel. Your submission will be disqualified if your foundation structure isn’t attached to your pinwheel.
Please note that there are two submission categories in this competition:
- Category 1: Fixed offshore wind foundation structures
- Category 2: Floating offshore wind foundation structures
You can submit to either or both categories. There will be a winner declared for each type.
Our esteemed judges, Kent’s globally leading offshore wind team, will be judging the entries from both categories (fixed and floating) based on the following criteria:
- Potential for commercial viability
- Installation in the most realistic “offshore” setting
Most importantly, remember to stay safe. Please make sure you are using protective gear and taking relevant safety precautions when needed throughout the development of your offshore wind foundation structure.
Once you have made your wind turbine foundation structure, submit your entry via social media and email. Take a photo or video (no longer than 20 seconds) of the offshore wind structure you’ve built and publish it to your LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter account. Tag the relevant Kent social media account in your post (listed below) and use the hashtag #OffshoreWinIt to ensure we see your entry. Send your email submissions to [email protected]
Facebook: Kent PLC
You can submit multiple entries; however, each entry must be shared as a separate social media post and email. You cannot send one email or share one social media post with multiple images or videos of different entries. All entries (social media posts and emails) must be submitted no later than midnight CET on October 27, 2022.
There will be two competition winners:
1. One winner from the floating offshore wind foundation structures category
2. One winner from the fixed offshore wind foundation structures category
We will announce both winners across our social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter) on October 31 2022 at 6 PM CET. We will update this competition page with the winner’s details if you miss our post.
Winners will also be contacted via email to receive their prize. If the winner is located in the UK or Ireland, they will receive a £100/€100 Smyths Toy Store eVoucher or a £100/€100 eVoucher from Amazon. Winners located in any other part of the world will receive a $100 eVoucher from Amazon.
All other competition participants will be contacted to adopt their tree in our Kent Forest.
- Kent (Promoter) reserves all rights to the Offshore Win-It competition.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is open to entrant(s) of all ages. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult aged over 18 if participating in this contest.
- All entrants must be willing to provide their full name and contact details to Kent and to have these details passed to the suppliers of the prizes. Use of a false name or address may result in disqualification.
- Kent bears no responsibility for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to online or computer errors during their submission.
- Kent bears no responsibility for injuries or harm caused to entrants in this competition.
- The prizes, as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is(are) responsible for any expenses and arrangements that may result in participating in this competition.
- Kent reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- If a prize is unavailable, Kent reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the prospective use of their name, photograph or video and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Kent relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Kent reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in the forfeiture of the prize.
- The judges' decision is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion, and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. The competition may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.