About you: Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage. Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING Read more
about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job:
Kent is seeking a Materials Lead for a long-term Commissioning & Startup project in Port Arthur, TX. Role will report to/work alongside Procurement Manager. Your Responsibilities:
Your Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience: Qualifications/Certifications:
- Liaises and interfaces with Suppliers, Vendors, PM, Construction/CSU Manager and Client personnel.
- Lead all aspects of materials flow and maintains control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, receiving and shipping to ensure orders are fulfilled on time.
- Execute a sourcing strategy to meet the project’s sourcing requirements.
- Execute build to order and build to forecast plans.
- Establish and supervise production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
- Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery of targets.
- Coordinate and work with quality and engineering to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Work with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum 10 years materials and sourcing experience, preferable in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of material requisitioning, expediting, logistics and site material management.
- General knowledge of piping, electrical, instrumentation, structural and civil materials.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills required.
- Proven analytical problem-solving skills required.
- Expert technical skills and judgment.
- Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful working relationships and become a team player.
- Ability to work in harsh environments, in stressful situations, and during unsociable hours.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software programs.