About you: Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage. Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING Read more
about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job:
Kent is recruiting a Material Controller for our project based in Port Arthur, TX. Your Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination over procurement of materials and information flow.
- To excel in this role the material controllers will need in-depth knowledge of supply change and budgeting processes. Ultimately, you are tasked with ensuring departments have adequate access to the materials required.
- Coordinate materials management system from engineering and design, material take off, through purchase and delivery, receipt of materials at the site, management of over shortage and damage reports and final issue of materials to construction for installation in the works.
- Collaborate with other managers to determine material supply needs.
- Work with the purchasing team to purchase supplies and materials according to specifications.
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures.
- Oversee distribution of supplies at site.
- Develop and execute inventory cycle count process to assure high inventory accuracies.
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with project stake holders.
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
- Prepare reports on inventory, material usage and efficiency.
- Resolve labor and material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Create strategic solutions to improve material flow at multiple levels.
- Experience in logistics or similar relevant field.
- In depth knowledge of engineering input to procurement activities, supply chain and inventory management systems.
- Hands on experience with forecasting and budgeting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical thinking with problem solving aptitude.
- Outstanding communication and leadership.