Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Through decades of experience in carbon capture and storage (CCS), hydrogen, and low carbon fuels and chemicals, Kent use our knowledge and expertise to reduce humanity’s impact on our climate. Kent has worked on some of the most exciting Low Carbon Developments in the UK such as HyNet Low Carbon Hydrogen, Viking CCS, Grenian Green Hydrogen, and Velocys Waste to Jet.
Kent is looking for a new team member to coordinate the work of plant modelling.
The objective of the role is to ensure that the Low Carbon Consulting delivers on:
· Proposal, conceptual, and feasibility process designs of low carbon plants
· Rapid overall flowsheet models
· Output to overall plant dimensions, utility consumptions, and cost estimates
· Supporting Business Development, including coordinating presentations, knowledge management content, and development of papers
· Understanding and management of software tools (internal and external) for process plant modelling
· Focal point for knowledge and training on software tools
· Maintenance of in-house models
· Scrutiny of input data
· Development of overall flowsheet models for new projects and plant designs
· Validation of models against benchmarks and expected results
· Close working with other engineering and project disciplines to provide output to overall plant dimensions, utility consumptions, and cost estimates
· Coordination of other modelling and process engineering personnel in the Low Carbon Team
· Optimisation of plant designs to provide improved economic outcomes for clients
· Working closely with our clients and helping to manage relationships with client organisations
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Batchelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline
· Preferably chartered (relevant institution)
· Have extensive experience of creating plant models in process modelling software (e.g. ASPEN)
· Have track record of developing models for new plants and processes
· Ability to work with a range of plant modeling tools
· Experience in the energy industry to understand work processes (e.g. feasibility, concept, FEED) and process plant (e.g. O&G, Low Carbon, refining)
· Coordination experience, must have capability of coordinating projects personnel, engineers and specialists
· Capable of performing duties on multiple tasks with no direct supervision
· Excellent inter-personal skills
· Ability to think innovatively, practically and pragmatically
· Capable of structuring modelling reports and presentations
· Interfacing, presenting and discussing complex issues with Clients
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.