Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefsOur vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job:
Our Communications & Advocacy team create windows into the world of Kent; communicating inside and outside of our business to align our stakeholders with our purpose.
As Internal Communications Specialist
, you’re part of the Communications & Advocacy team, and commit to staying genuine and curious in our working style, in line with our team motto, which is - We Show Up, We Learn, We Inspire.Your responsibilities:
Reporting to our Internal Communications Director, this mid-career level role requires someone with proven experience in Internal Comms who is committed to their own professional growth.
As Internal Communications Specialist you’ll develop a deep understanding of Kent’s purpose, culture and Internal Communications Strategy. Using this knowledge and passion, you’ll partner with internal stakeholders to bring their programmes to life through engaging communications that enhance the employee experience.
We value connection and building relationships, both virtually and in person, as this role supports stakeholders globally. Therefore, we expect the candidate to be based either in the office or in a hybrid role located within 1 hour of a Kent office in the UK or UAE, where a significant portion of our team is already located.
In addition to the main role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a new Intranet (SharePoint) project in your first few months - showcasing your creative thinking and project leadership skills. So a passion or interest in shaping digital communication channels for an exceptional user experience and/or leadership on a similar project would be a valuable asset.
In this role, you will wear multiple hats as we work smart and have fun together, creating exceptional experiences for our people that align with our open culture. Here are some of the activities you can expect to be part of:
- Collaborating with our Internal Communications Director to develop new internal comms strategies and plans across various channels.
- Partnering with our operational or functional teams in HR, Finance, Safety & Sustainability, and Technology to understand their business strategies and support them in developing effective communication approaches for their change management programs.
- Crafting compelling communications campaigns that inspire the Kent team globally.
- Co-facilitating our Communications Champion Network, working with colleagues around the world to present our communications plans and identify new requirements.
- Copywriting and proofreading internal communications
- Managing our Intranet (SharePoint), Internal Employee Engagement Platform (Workvivo), and Email channels (StaffBase).
- Scheduling internal townhalls and workshops via MS Teams across multiple timezones
- Work with our teammates leading creative design and external comms to ensure an aligned approach to our communications, inside and outside of the business.
- Developing new communications document and templates, including word, excel and powerpoint.
- Providing support and guidance to junior members of the team
Lastly, our focus on Sustainability is a top priority, including commitments to Inclusion & Belonging, Wellbeing, and Culture. We are eager to assign a new communications champion to one of these commitments, and depending on your interests, this could be you.Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience: Qualification/ Certification:
- All relevant qualifications or experience in Internal Comms will be considered
- Excellent command of the English language in both oral and written communication and skills.
- As a champion of internal communications, we expect you to be committed to developing your own skills in all forms of communication.
Details about the role:
- An ability to identify the best ways to make written and spoken words and stories come to life with visuals.
- Be committed to developing your skills in influencing and partnering with people at all levels in the business
- Proficiency and understanding of internal communications and communications channels
- Very comfortable adapting to new technologies.
- A growth mindset and willingness to learn new skills as we grow together.
- Location: Based either in the office or in a hybrid role located within 1 hour of a Kent office in the UK (current resident) or UAE (current resident), where a significant portion of our team is already located.
- Relocation required: No
- Travel required: Minimal. Adhoc requirement to travel to other local offices as needed.
- Contract type: Permanent