Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting a I&C Commissioning Lead based in Texas for a major LNG Project with a global Oil & Gas firm. You will be responsible for:
KEY REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
• Reports to the Commissioning Superintendent.
• Supports the Area Commissioning Leads and interfaces with PE’s , CMT , MC, Start-Up, and Operations personnel on discipline specific issues.
• Direct supervisor of Instrument Discipline Specialists assigned to site-wide support, and provides technical management and direction of Area Discipline Specialists and System Owners in the execution of the Systems Completion process against the Area schedules.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Commissioning Discipline Lead provides all discipline specific technical, planning and execution management support to the Area Commissioning Leads.
• Managing all activities within the ISCT matrix organization jointly and in collaboration with other Discipline Leads and the Area Commissioning Leads
• Provide Discipline technical leadership and expertise to the core commissioning team and at Engineering and Construction interfaces.
• Support each Area and the TO/HO team at the interface and Turnover from Construction at Mechanical Completion and at Handover of Commissioned Systems to Operations.
• Ensuring that equipment and systems are fully commissioned at Handover, and ready to operate in compliance with the Project design, standards and specifications, the Systems Completion Plan and Control Procedures.
• Direct ownership and execution management of all specialist and discipline specific Static & Dynamic Commissioning resulting in Handover to Operations and providing assistance in Start-Up and Acceptance Testing efforts.
• Supports the Commissioning Superintendents in working with Start Up in the ISCT as one integrated team from commissioning to initial plant operation, ensuring a smooth transition to Operations and acceptance of the facilities.
• Identifies and manages discipline commissioning resource needs, tools , test equipment , plant, spares etc.
• Ensure the right resource levels and technical skills are assigned to meet each Area’s schedule and commissioning execution requirements.
• Managing and directing core discipline teams of commissioning supervisors and technicians, vendors and specialist subcontractors/ third party personnel across all plant areas (as well as at SITs and SAT’s).
• Ensures appropriate Commissioning, and Handover documentation is completed correctly and comprehensively (supported by TO/HO team ).
• Review and supports development of discipline Commissioning Plans and Schedules, Level 3 and Level 5 for the assigned plant Area and activities.
• Manages execution discipline activity against these plans and schedules to ensure a safe and effective completion of commissioning phase and transition of systems to steady state operations.
• Support maintenance of the Systems Completion Database and Planning interface for MC and Commissioning progress tracking, reporting certification, and quality purposes.
• Progress and productivity reporting against the Area schedules and ISCT performance metrics.
• Support development of Commissioning (Static & Dynamic) Management Procedures, Systems Acceptance Procedures/Progress Monitoring, Turnover and Completion Packages, and provide input to Start-up and Operating Procedures.
• Responsible for Safety and Environmental controls for activities in all buildings , systems and zones within their areas of activity under ISCT Care, Custody and Control (support from ISCT HSE team).
• Interface with Company Safety Advisor and Contractor Safety Officers to ensure a safe and environmentally sound job area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• College/university degree and/or technical diploma and 15+ years of Project Completion and Operations experience.
• Established track record in supervision of large teams through Mechanical Completion, Commissioning, Start Up and initial plant operations.
• Good working knowledge of Intools.
• Good understanding of Fiber optic communication networks.
• Proven strong technical skills in discipline subject matter.
• In-depth knowledge of Project Completion standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
• Strong understanding of Project execution, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning & Completion practices.
• Demonstrated management and organizational ability for diverse teams on a large project.
• Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling and tracking.
• Demonstrated work ethic with delivery focus with strong organizational ability.
• Exposure to Oil Company practices, processes, and expectations with respect to Systems Completion, Preservation, Commissioning and Start Up operations.
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and sub contractors.