Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Geotechnical Engineer – Outside of IR35 to join our geotechnical team across the Energy Markets.
· Providing technical reviews
· Mentoring junior geotechnical engineers and supporting the development of the team’s capability
· Candidates should have the right flair and ability that will help us develop and expand our Offshore Wind geotechnics capability by building on the existing portfolio of our rapidly expanding, flexible and outward looking team.
· Excellent technical skills and extensive experience in Offshore Geotechnics covering site investigation and characterization, ground risk management, foundation design, soil-structure interaction and foundation installation
· Experience working within multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
· Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
· Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
· Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs
· Excellent report writing skills.
· A degree in civil engineering or geology with a post graduate qualification in a geotechnical subject
· Chartered status as either a civil engineer or geologist.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.