Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Due to recent wins in offshore wind, we are looking to expand the geotechnical engineering team at Kent. Our current portfolio of projects includes several offshore windfarms which, together, have the potential to power a third of the UK's households.
We are looking for geotechnical engineers in the early stage of their career to join our talented team, led by a technical authority with over 20 years of experience. We take staff development seriously, with time allocated for learning and training, and a mentor assigned to every new joiner. Technical discussions and workshops are held regularly in the team, with everyone encouraged to participate.
· Join an exciting team that will work on some of the country’s biggest offshore wind projects.
· Support our Oil & Gas business to ensure continued safe operations of existing assets.
· Be enthusiastic and excited to learn from our experts to help develop your own career.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· A degree in civil engineering or geology with a post graduate qualification in a geotechnical subject
· Working towards chartered status as either a civil engineer or geologist.
· Experience in Offshore Geotechnics / Geotechnical design, including in areas of seismic activity
· Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
· Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well within geotechnical design teams.
· Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
· A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.