Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Consultant Process Engineer to report with Process HOD. The Consultant Process Engineer will typically supervise a team of process engineers to address all discipline specific requirements within the project or undertake/ manage specialist studies / technology reviews.
This is part of a recruitment drive during 2022 to develop and grow our Front End and General Engineering capability in the UK. We are seeking high caliber people for this key Engineering role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan. The UK Engineering group will support a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon/ Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. Being confidently hands on particularly during 2022 as we grow, collaborative (including international workshare and teamworking) and committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working. For our team to develop an effective team dynamic within Engineering.
- Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets
- Has appreciation of multi-discipline engineering design activities. Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency
- Supports the project management team in planning and identifying technical issues which could limit progress or impact project budgets. Interfaces with the client
- Provides all necessary input and support to project progress and reporting
- Supports the Process Group Manager with development of discipline engineers and ensuring technical excellence
- Consultant Process Engineer is accountable to the project management team for delivery of discipline deliverables in the project environment
- The corporate reporting line is to respective Process Group Manager
- May work either as a lead process engineer or specialist consultant on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project. May be a subject matter expert within a specific area of their discipline
- Technically responsible within a project for all process engineering work. Allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues without support and effectively communicating with project engineers, project management, clients and senior management
- Undertakes specialist activities or reviews of process engineering aspects based on their high level of competency within areas of process engineering
- Supervises, reviews and checks the process activities
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries and/or identifying trends and changes within the framework of management of change
- Participates in factory acceptance tests
- Participates in multi-discipline engineering design reviews and provides all necessary process input and support to the close-out of actions
- Reviews the ITB documents submitted as the proposal. Identifies a clear scope of work, prepares and reviews the man-hour estimates, inputs to the project execution plan and schedule. Supervises preparation of the process TDR
- Responsibility for planning/scheduling the process activities and identifying manpower requirements through the project. Liaises with process group manager for allocation of resources
- Provides necessary regular project centre updates and reporting to project management and process group manager
- Provides support to procurement including for long lead items enquiry: prepares technical requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides technical bid evaluation support to ensure compliance
- Ensures compatibility and compliance with client specifications and recommends cost-effective/ value added improvements within the scope of client specifications and requirements
- Consults with quality assurance on any issues relating to compliance with Kent’s ISO accredited QMS and project specific procedures, guides and standards. Coordinates internal and client audit requests
- Participates in employee performance development, establishes performance criteria, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends and provides training and development requirements in consultation with process group manager
- Supports the process group manager in maintaining technical competence within the discipline and quality of delivery on projects
- Supports process group manager in the recruitment process
- Leads the process activities in developing the process design within project budget and determining timing for resource requirements. Serves as the liaison for inter-discipline engineering involved in the project and is accountable for overall process related activities for the successful completion of project, on schedule and within manpower and budget estimates
- All technical decisions on process technical content, and interfaces with other disciplines within the project. Consults with project management on major issues and makes recommendations to process group manager on mobilisation of personnel and specialist 3rd parties if necessary
- Supervises any number of process engineers in the project environment
- Duties essentially performed in Kent offices. Time spent in production of deliverables, supervision, planning, coordination, attending meetings and maintaining contacts. May be required to travel to other Kent offices, client’s offices, vendor offices and attend site visits as necessary, in accordance with corporate or project requirements
- Our team will be expected to be in the office nominally 3 days a week to help build that positive team culture
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering or post-graduate chemical engineering qualification
- Chartered status preferred. Significant related experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition projects
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Tactful in resolving issues
- Cost awareness
- Proactive approach
- Alertness and attention to detail
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects
- In depth knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice
- Specialist/high competency in specific area(s) of process engineering
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Planning and forecasting
- Analytical and problem-solving mind set
- Global work share experience
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.