Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Civil Structural Engineer to support engineering, design, and installation of scope for site capital projects.
You will interact with other disciplines and groups on site, corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to successfully implement and startup new equipment installations and revamps.
You are responsible for engineering activities and the development of technical deliverables to meet the schedule, scope, budget and quality requirements of multi-discipline projects.
You will typically support multiple projects valued at up to $20MM TIC each.
- Provides project discipline engineering support on project teams in the civil and structural disciplines towards the successful completion of projects as assigned so that they are successfully completed and meet the objectives.
- Works with design resources both internally and externally to achieve designs that are cost effective and technically sound so that all projects are designed efficiently, cost effectively, and have operability against the up-front project objectives.
- Collaborates and engages all other disciplines either internally or externally towards the successful completion of the project.
- Responsible for following the Capital project process and meeting the Delegation of Authority (DOA) policy so that all projects can meet internal and external audit criteria and the sites remains in DOA compliance. Working through the Capital Project Checklist and documenting all phases of the project process.
- Works closely with subcontract engineers and/or designers to coordinate their activities and to ensure the subcontractor's work is checked and the standards and quality are in accordance within standards, guidelines, and customer requirements.
- Prepares or reviews/approves specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Performs periodic design reviews; ensures designs, including all civil/structural engineering drawings, technical specifications, calculations and programs, follow specifications, codes, regulations, and contract requirements. Ensures technical and quality standards are maintained.
- Documents and maintains all communication that impacts technical decisions.
- Assists in reviewing estimates of probable costs for construction at various stages of design.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment, technical material suppliers, and technical service providers.
- Consults with peers at the site and across the company.
- Develops acceptance tests, inspection criteria, equipment preservation plans, and commissioning plans.
- Inspects completed installations and observes operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/structural Engineering.
- Ten (10) years or more of relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred.
- Exhibits an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, project management processes, and construction workflow.
- Basic proficiency in the following areas with the ability to develop into a subject matter expert in particular areas:
- Hands-on experience and understanding of engineering design systems, technologies and methodologies in a Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, Engineering & Construction industry preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: AutoCAD; Hexagon (Intergraph) design tools such as SmartPlant 3D, CADWorx, SmartPlant Review, STAAD, RiSA or similar.
- Demonstrated ability for organizing and tracking a high volume of detailed information that impacts own work.
- Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, Autocad).
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
- Results oriented and able to drive to technically sound decisions.
- Strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal/rapport building skills necessary to work effectively as a team member, and to plan/coordinate processes for results.