Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Senior Project Development Manager who will manage an entire project team including project engineering managers, projects engineers, engineering disciplines, project services and third parties. Accountable for delivering the Pre-FEED, FEED or Detailed Design project or part of a major project in accordance with the Contract, within budget and plan and to agreed corporate and client HSSE and Quality standards.
This is part of a recruitment drive during 2023 to develop and grow our Front End and General Engineering capability in the UK. We are seeking high caliber people for this key Engineering role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan. The UK Engineering group will support a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon/ Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. Being confidently hands on particularly during 2023-4 as we grow, collaborative (including international workshare and teamworking) and committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working, for our team to develop an effective team dynamic within Engineering. 3 days are stipulation to be in the Woking office to interact with the Project team.
· Typically manages and is responsible for the delivery of Feasibility, Conceptual Design, Pre-FEED, FEED, detailed design projects.
· Able to lead the project from Feasibility through to Detail engineering leading the Client through the decisions gates and approvals.
· Provides Leadership in HSSE and QA/ QC. Approves Project HSSE and QA/QC project plans and monitors effective implementation. Supports Project and Corporate Quality Audits where necessary in relation to QA/ QC and HSSE.
· Establishing and adequately resourcing the requirements of the project, including staffing, office facilities, IT infrastructure and IM strategy, regularly reviews the demobilisation plans of the workforce and project progress in order to minimise cost and overheads wherever possible.
· Manages the initial mobilisation of the core project team to ensure that all necessary activities are reviewed with actions appropriately assigned, timescales agreed and relevant parties briefed, with new communication channels established where necessary.
· Approves the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and subsidiary coordination procedures for the project. Ensures effective implementation and supports Project and Corporate Quality Audits where necessary.
· Provides leadership for technical reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, value engineering, design integrity, 3D Model reviews. Is supported by the Project Engineering Manager, Project Engineers and Lead Discipline Engineers in these reviews.
· Accountable for the entire project budget and contract. Coordinates all activities for the successful initiation, execution and close-out of the project within project schedule and contractual requirements. Oversees all coordination between Kent and Clients, Engineering, Sub Contractors and any other external or internal agency. Manages project to deliver gross margin.
· Manages the establishment of the mechanisms and specific processes and elements for external and internal progress monitoring and reporting against the project plan. Manages project personnel to ensure progress monitoring is effective and enabling control of the project budget. Ensures that a change management process is administered and that corrective action is agreed and implemented at the appropriate level, as and when variations from plans occur.
· Responsible for all management, commercial and technical decisions relating to the project. Consults with Project Sponsor or Project Director on major issues relating to the contract or Company relationship and implements recommendations for resolution.
· Supervises the entire project team of typically up to 35 personnel, including Project personnel, engineers, designers, Project Services and all third party contractors.
· Majority of time allocated to supervision, planning, coordination, attending meetings, critical approvals and maintaining contacts.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Masters Degree in Engineering.
· Chartered Status preferred. Significant related project management experience working for Engineering/Client.
· organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
· Experience of managing FEED and Detailed Design projects.
· Excellent understanding of contract terms & conditions.
· Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
· Knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
· Thorough knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures.
· Excellent knowledge of planning and project controls.
· Global work share experience.
· APM (Association of Project Management) or equivalent qualification or certification.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.