Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
This position requires a thorough knowledge of instrumentation design. You will be responsible for technical accuracy and quality of instrument drawings.
You must have a positive work ethic and have good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Prepare accurate and complete drawings using practical design knowledge.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and assist lead engineer and/or designer to ensure effective quality product.
- Conduct field investigations and produce field reports with detailed sketches.
- Keep up to date on new design processes, modeling, drafting techniques, and IMS and standards.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve project issues and problems.
- Provide technical guidance to co-workers.
- Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Ensure alignment between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Technical college graduation plus 8 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in refinery, midstream, petrochemical or other heavy industries.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications for instrument engineering design.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes.
- Experience working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements.
- Experience with design and/or construction of plants desirable.
- In depth knowledge of Instrumentation standards, methods, and practices.
- Proficient in the following software: Smart Plant Instruments (SPI) and 3D CAD required.
- Basic design and construction knowledge required.
- Familiar with PIP standards.
- Working knowledge of NEC, IEC, ISA & IEEE design complying with industry standards.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Bentley is required and Microstation or SmartPlant is a plus.
- Experience with Navisworks and ability to generate 3D models is required.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills required.