Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time- to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best – for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us:
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Job
The Senior Technical Safety Engineer is responsible for Supporting projects & clients with Safety Engineering including:
- Formal Safety Assessments (FSAs) for example Dropped Object Studies & Quantitative Risk Assessments;
- HAZID & HAZOP workshops;
- Reliability & availability studies;
- Loss prevention engineering;
- Validation & verification scopes of work; and
- Safety Case development
- You would be expected to liaise with our other technical groups within Kent APAC, as well as our established safety teams in the UK and Houston to provide a high quality solution to the client.
- As directed by the Discipline Head you will act as the Project Engineer on appropriate scopes of work, maximising your existing knowledge of all Kent Project Management tools.
- Perform all work in accordance with the Kent Quality Management and Health, Safety & Security System and within agreed time and schedule constraints.
- You will have responsibility, supported and directed by the Discipline Head and/or senior management, for developing junior members of our safety team and for maintaining and developing relationships with our clients both existing and new.
- You will be expected to utilise your proven client, technical and project management skills to build and develop the Technical Safety business. This will require your involvement and familiarity with Kent business systems, their use and deployment.
Qualification/ Certification: Relevant Engineering Degree (preferably Honours or equivalent)
- Safety Professional with a substantial level of energy industry safety experience
- Technically competent in risk analysis and risk management (HAZID, QRA, FEA, FSAs, reliability and availability) along with practical safety case skills, authoring ALARP studies
- Conduct consequence analysis with experience in the use of modelling software including PHAST & FRED.
- High level of report writing presentation skills etc.
- Project management experience
- Proven track record in client management
- Proven ability to supervise junior engineers
- Understanding of operations and integrity interfaces and a good appreciation of clients’ business risk drivers
- Demonstrate the Kent values in your day to day activities
- Use of software including FLACS, CANARY, STAR CCM.
- Process Engineering Simulations using ASPEN HYSYS / UNISIM and FLARENET.
- Chairing of Safety Study Work Shops.
- Human Factors experience
- Leadership, Decision Making & Delegation
- Teamwork, Coordination, Planning and Organizing
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Business Acumen, Client Focus
- Training and Mentoring & Innovation
Details about the role
- Location: Mumbai
- Relocation required: Not Applicable
- Travel required: As per job requirement.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Experience level: 10-15 years
We foster an environment where you are challenged professionally and empowered to take the lead on your career development with the support and guidance of our leaders. We’re committed to making sure that every single person uses their time with us to gain valuable experience and skills for their future, so why not pursue your career with us today!
Kent | The Energy Within