Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefsOur vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job:
office is seeking Senior Civil/Structural Designer to join their CSA (Civil/Structural/Architectural) team.
The Senior Civil/Structural Designer will be responsible for civil and structural design on multi-discipline engineering projects and for providing leadership by example to motivated and skilled technical teams in a computer based integrated 3D engineering/ design environment.
- Assigned as working Design Lead (area lead or project lead) for multiple sustaining capital projects or greenfield projects, while still being able to execute Engineering/Design related deliverables
- Perform conceptual layout work
- Develop design details
- Incorporate safety in design
- Provide technical guidance to the CSA team members located overseas.
- Review of 3D model and drawings developed by the CSA design team located overseas.
- Assign work and evaluate technical competence.
- Check drawings prior to release
- Coordinate with designers, engineers, CAD drafters, and other project team members
- Participate in formal engineering review processes
- Verify onsite conditions and dimensions relating to existing facilities
- Resolve design and field engineering difficulties
- Take part in 3D model reviews, technical audits, constructability review and risk analysis.
- Determine and schedule work priorities meeting the project schedule.
- Effective design change management.
- Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting to meet project goals.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with clients and other engineering disciplines both locally and other areas of the company.
- Keeping abreast of new technical developments and estimating their impacts.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in an EPC environment, and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the civil and structural design and construction related to petrochemical and refining facilities.
- A good knowledge of the interdisciplinary requirements for petrochemical and refining projects.
- A good knowledge of workshare with multiple offices and High-Value Engineering Centers.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation, Advance Steel, Civil 3D, and 3D modeling methodologies.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboration with other disciplines.
- Ability to work under tight schedule and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to visit client sites, climb towers and structures, and enter confined spaces.
- No restriction in compliance with client site safety requirements, such as shaving face and waring PPE.