Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Quantity Surveyor who will report to the Project Controls Lead, and will be responsible for all measurement and valuation of works for both Lump Sum and Reimbursable delivery.
We are recruiting engineering and project professionals for various roles for a Project Management Consultant (PMC) team to be engaged in projects across Europe but based in Munich.
· Measurement and valuation of works for both Lump Sum and Reimbursable delivery.
· Interim payment assessments.
· Assisting Project Controls in Invoice Preparation to the customer.
· Payment audits.
· Analysis and report writing.
· Development and application of construction cost estimating for changes during the construction/commissioning.
· Use of appropriate software and tools to develop data collection, costing and estimating spreadsheets.
· The collection, collation and analysis of construction cost data, using asset
management hierarchies and statistical analysis techniques.
· Analytical auditing and benchmarking of construction costs and preparing
reports, including in-house auditing and reporting.
· Responding to Contractor Claims.
· Negotiating and settling Final Accounts and Subcontractor Accounts.
· Claims preparation, negotiation, and dispute resolution.
· Training of Project team members on the relevant contract terms and conditions with particular reference to management of change.
· Assisting Contracts and Procurement department in preparing commercial part of the RFQ for construction contracts.
· Assisting Contracts and Procurement department in commercial bid evaluation of the construction contractor bids.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· RICS QS qualification, Bachelor or Construction Management or relevant qualifications.
· Preferably Member of the Association of Cost Engineers.
· Recent QS experience in the oil & gas sector in a similar role. Prior experience of working with I Chem E Burgundy book contracts.
· IOSH training or equivalent is desirable.
· Good knowledge of Excel.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.