Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Principal Civil Structural Engineer who will be responsible for leading and coordinating the production of engineering deliverables and providing progress reporting for a project in accordance with the project plan. Typically supervises a team of civil/ structural engineers to address all discipline specific requirements within the project. In addition, has the capability to perform hands-on engineering tasks and undertake / manage specialist studies and reviews. Has appreciation of multi-discipline engineering design activities. Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency. Supports the project management team in planning and identifying technical issues which could limit progress or impact project budgets. Supports the Civil/ Structural Group Manager with development of discipline engineers and ensuring technical excellence.
The Principal Civil Structural Engineer is typically accountable to the Civil Structural Group Manager and / or Project Manager, depending on size and complexity of the Project. Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental/Group Manager.
This is part of a recruitment drive during 2023-4 to develop and grow our Front End and General Engineering capability in the UK. We are seeking high caliber people for this key Engineering role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan. The UK Engineering group will support a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon/ Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. Being confidently hands on particularly during 2023-4 as we grow, collaborative (including international workshare and teamworking) and committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working, for our team to develop an effective team dynamic within Engineering.
· May work either as a lead civil/ structural engineer or specialist consultant on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project. May be a subject matter expert within a specific area of their discipline
· Technically responsible within a project for all civil/ structural engineering work. Allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel
· Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high profile issues without support and effectively communicating with project engineers, project management, clients and senior management
· Undertakes specialist activities or reviews of civil/ structural engineering aspects based on their high level of competency within areas of civil/ structural engineering
· Supervises, reviews and checks the civil/ structural activities
· Works to the requirements of the Civil/ Structural Design Manual
· Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries and/or identifying trends and changes within the framework of management of change
· Provides construction support, as required
· Participates in multi-discipline engineering design reviews and provides all necessary civil/ structural input and support to the close-out of actions
· Reviews the ITB documents submitted as the proposal. Identifies a clear scope of work, prepares and reviews the man-hour estimates, inputs to the project execution plan and schedule. Supervises preparation of the civil/ structural TDR
· Responsibility for planning/scheduling the civil/ structural activities and identifying manpower requirements through the project. Liaises with civil/ structural group manager for allocation of resources
· Provides necessary regular project centre updates and reporting to project management and civil/ structural group manager
· Provides support to procurement including for long lead items enquiry: prepares technical requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides technical bid evaluation support to ensure compliance
· Ensures compatibility and compliance with client specifications and recommends cost-effective/ value added improvements within the scope of client specifications and requirements
· Consults with quality assurance on any issues relating to compliance with Kent’s ISO accredited QMS and project specific procedures, guides and standards. Coordinates internal and client audit requests
· Participates in employee performance development, establishes performance criteria, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends and provides training and development requirements in consultation with civil/ structural group manager
· Supports the civil/ structural group manager in maintaining technical competence within the discipline and quality of delivery on projects
· Supports civil/ structural group manager in the recruitment process
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Masters Degree in Engineering
· Chartered Status preferred. Related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry and/or Low Carbon Energy Transition industry
· Excellent technical knowledge in the field of Civil and Structural Engineering in industrial and process plants sector
· Hands on structural engineering tools and software skills capability
· Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Tactful in resolving issues
· Cost awareness
· Proactive approach
· Alertness and attention to detail
· Team player
· Good written and spoken Communication skills
· Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects
· In depth knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes
· Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice
· Specialist/high competency in specific areas of civil and structural engineering
· Global work share management experience
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.