Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for an Engineering Manager to be based in Bucharest. The successful candidate will act as the main interface in the overall engineering for projects as per the schedules and client requirements.
- Responsible for all engineering activities undertaken on projects, studies, proposals and developments, coordinating and supervising all engineering activities related to the project. This includes ensuring that all engineering work is completed safely, on time, within budget, and in accordance with project specifications and quality standards.
- Manage all engineering activities and ensure they align with project objectives, specifications, and quality standards. This includes overseeing the design, planning, and execution of engineering tasks.
- Sets goals and develops action plans for delivering results.
- Develops, implements and manages strategies and organisational plans for project execution consistent with established program business plans, training objectives and HSSEQ policies.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the engineering team. Review and approve engineering designs and changes.
- Implement quality management processes specific to engineering and ensure compliance to engineering standards and best practices. Monitor the quality of engineering work and intervene as necessary to correct any issues.
- Identifies and facilitates manpower requirements to meet project demands
- Identifies and utilises Subject Matter Experts as required for technical queries or issues, as required.
- Identify potential engineering risks and develop strategies to mitigate these. Implement these strategies and monitor their effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Project Delivery Manager in review of Engineering contractor schedules. Ensure coordination across all parties involved in the engineering process.
- Ensures the availability of adequate resources and their ability to integrate into project teams that execute quality and cost-effective engineering designs
- Promote the completion of these project activities within their assigned schedule and cost constraints.
- Continually develop and improve methods and procedures to ensure highly effective and efficient engineering execution.
- Responsible for Engineering Overhead budget control through effective deployment of personnel and maximising their utilisation.
- Accountable for the guidance and performance of all technical teams.
- Regularly report on engineering status, including any changes or issues that may impact project deadlines or budgets, to the Project Delivery Manager, client Project Manager/Director, client engineering representative and other stakeholders.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent. Preferably Chartered Engineer.
- A broad understanding of multi-discipline Engineering for all project phases
- Strong leadership, motivation, and coaching skills. Supporting and developing your team’s performance.
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management, Project Controls using different commercial delivery models for a range of project types, ideally within refinery or chemical plant design.
- Must be fluent in English (reading and writing). German and Romanian would be advantageous.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
We’re a disability-friendly employer and can make adjustments to support you to perform at your best during the recruitment process. Please contact us confidentially at [email protected] to find out how we can support you.