Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting Electricians based in Kitimat, BC. Responsible for performing a variety of tasks while learning to maintain, repair and install electrical or electronic equipment and systems. Electricians layout, assemble, install, test and repair electrical wiring, light fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Industrial electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine the layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic, electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Read circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to plan wiring layouts.
- Pull wire through conduits and holes in walls and floors.
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment.
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels.
- Join and connect the wire to fixtures and components to form circuits.
- Test completion of circuits using test equipment.
- Troubleshoot and isolate electrical and electronic systems faults and remove and replace faulty parts.
- Registered Electrical Apprentice or Certified Journeyman
- CSTS 2020
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Protection
- Enjoyment in working with electrical systems and motors
- Concern for safety
- Knowledge of electrical standards for installation and repairs
- Aptitude for mathematics and science
- Background in technical and mechanical knowledge and skills
- Good eyesight and hand-eye coordination
- Creativity and a logical approach to problem-solving
- Physical strength and endurance
- Ability to understand blueprints and specifications
- Knowledge about computerized systems
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers politely
- Interest in the latest technology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Project Rate Information:
January 3, 2023
JY Electrician & Instrumentation
4th Year Apprentice