Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that we’re far more than the sum of our parts together. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives and creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
This position provides project management and engineering support for capital projects (typically up to $20MM). This candidate will work closely with technical groups, operations and maintenance personnel to identify the scope, design and execute projects.
Roles and responsibilities:
The site PME has the responsibility to accomplish the following duties:
- A Safety leader who drives the application of the site Loss Prevention System (LPS) program with a focus on flawless safety execution of projects, including:On-going personal use, and contractor verification of the LPSA tool
- Participation to Loss Prevention Observation program and supervisor feedback sessions
- Completion of near-loss and loss investigations related to project execution activities
- Field execution presence with oversight of on-going construction activities
- Engagement in on-going safety stewardship and individual / project compliance to site LPS requirements
- Drive project ownership and accountability through:Seamless progression of project execution responsibilities, including project plan, estimate, and schedule development, stage approval, detailed engineering, contracting / procurement, field execution, mechanical completion, facility start-up, Operations turn-over, and project closure deliverables and activities
- Full oversight and execution of projects with a focus on safety, design quality, budget, schedule, and change control (FCN, PCN) process compliance
- Compliance to Global Practices, GII’s as part of project development and detailed engineering activities
- Contractor management and performance oversight to ensure scope expectations are achieved (Engineering / Construction)
- Full compliance to Capital Projects Management System (EMCAPS, OIMS and CIMS work processes and procedures)
- Execution alignment with IRP Project Development and Project Control groups
- Interface between IRP and Business Units to support progression and completion of Business Team related project deliverables
- Regular project updates to support monthly/quarterly project stewardship reports
- Deliver on Technical Quality Assurance compliance for assigned projects and be accountable for:Driving quality of execution deliverables in all project development/execution stages per IRP TQA oversight process
- Overall development and ownership of field quality execution plan to support construction activities
- Ensuring “Readiness for Next Stage” through the application of the required IRP TQA oversight checklist.
- Other areas of responsibility
- Individual project structure set up in SAP with proper creation and assignment of WBS and Network Activity
- Service/material requisitioning in SAP
- Monthly cost tracking and monitoring relative to approved project budget estimate, including cash flow management and budget forecasting
- Project cost, schedule, field execution, timesheet and invoice alignment with assigned Construction Field Supervisor
- Coordination of time commitment agreement with Business Unit Leaders on required non-IRP site resource project support
- PMP designation is an asset
- Engineering degree from a recognized university program
- Minimum 10 years of relevant project management experience in the oil & gas sector, overseeing all aspects of a project, including planning, scheduling, and budgeting
- Previous EPC/EPCM experience required
- Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute these strategies for projects
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective presentation / facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Team player
- Proven multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet assignment schedule & deliver quality products under pressure
- Self-motivated & goal-oriented
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)