Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is seeking enthusiastic and driven candidates to join our world-class Fluid Mechanics team based in Epsom, Surrey, Greater London. We are looking for a Senior or Principal CFD Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience. Joining our team, you would be using advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis on projects to solve problems for our clients in a consultancy setting. The role will allow you to lead exciting and technically challenging projects as part of a specialist team, and help drive our business and technical development strategies.
The Kent Fluid Mechanics team provides technical engineering consultancy to the energy industry for problems related to fluid flows and heat transfer. This includes projects in conventional oil and gas, as well as the energy transition (for example LNG, hydrogen and offshore wind). Typical projects include safety assessments (gas dispersion, fire modelling, explosion analysis, gas detection) as well as hydrodynamic assessments, heat transfer and flow assurance. We also support a range of other sectors including power and the built environment.
Innovation is at the heart of our team as we strive to continuously improve our capability and efficiency. Our reputation is centered on technical excellence and the approach we take to solving our clients’ problems. We support some of the largest Energy companies in the world and value the relationships we have developed.
We are looking for people who relish technically challenging engineering projects, and are passionate and driven to improve the way we do things. As a senior member of the team we would expect you to nurture and build our client relationships whilst helping to innovate, build our technical capability and develop our junior engineers.
· Technical lead for project delivery. Technical excellence is key to our success, and you would help build on this tradition.
· Developing and leading junior engineers technically and on projects.
· Managing projects to deliver high quality deliverables to clients meeting time and cost targets.
· Preparation of cost estimates and bids for new work scopes.
· Developing strong relationships with existing and future clients.
· Drive the development of our internal innovations, tools and capability.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Master’s Degree (MEng or equivalent) in mechanical engineering or related discipline
· Chartered or actively working towards chartership status.
· Experience of CFD modelling in Star-CCM+, or other comparable software.
· Strong understanding of the fundamentals of fluid mechanics and heat transfer.
· Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills.
· Experience in the energy industry and/or consultancy setting
· Experience of leading work scopes to meet delivery/cost targets without compromising quality.
· Experience of contributing to successful bids and proposals.
· Track record of adding value through innovation
· CFD experience in gas dispersion, fire or blast modelling, exhaust dispersion modelling
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.