Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for coordinating the production of engineering deliverables and providing progress reporting for a project in accordance with the project plan. Undertakes specified tasks / areas of work dependent on size and complexity of project, as defined by the Lead / Principal Engineer or Project Engineering Manager. Capable of supervising and checking the work of other Engineers as delegated by the Lead Engineer / Group Manager. Responsible for communicating technical / project issues potentially impacting the project to the Lead Engineer / Project Engineer or Project Engineering Manager.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is typically accountable to the Lead / Principal Engineer, or Project Engineer, discipline Lead Engineer and/or Project Manager, depending on size and complexity of the Project. Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental / Group Manager.
This is part of a recruitment drive during 2022-3 to develop and grow our Front End and General Engineering capability in the UK. We are seeking high caliber people for this key Engineering role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan. The UK Engineering group will support a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon / Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. Being confidently hands on particularly during 2022-3 as we grow, collaborative (including international workshare and teamworking) and committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working, for our team to develop an effective team dynamic within Engineering.
· Supports / organises the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Identifies requirements and scope of work; reviews Basis of Design, philosophies, specifications, and other relevant documents. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal to Lead / Principal Engineer.
· Can be technically responsible for an area of work and supervises preparation of specific deliverables.
· Supervising and checking the work of other engineers as delegated by the lead engineer / group manager.
· Undertakes specific tasks / area of work as defined by the Lead / Principal Engineer, including: Preparing Philosophies, Specifications, Single Line Diagrams, Schedules, Datasheets and preparation of technical requisitions for long lead items.
· Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Tests.
· Competent to review and check work carried out by other engineers, as delegated by Lead / Principal Engineer.
· Supports the Lead Electrical Engineer with Technical Bid Evaluations. Reviews vendor documentation and comments to ensure design conformance.
· Ensures equipment compatibility and conformance with client specifications and requirements. (Per Contract).
· Ensures compliance with Kent’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures.
· Complying with other Kent accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001.
· Contributes to training and development of other staff including identifying employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements.
· Interfaces with other disciplines as necessary to ensure integrated and optimal design.
· Performs related duties as and when instructed by Lead / Principal Engineer.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Typically Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
· Chartered Status preferred.
· Experience working for Engineering / Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
· Good coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
· Good Communication skills.
· Cost awareness.
· Proactive approach.
· Attention to detail.
· Team player.
· Good written and spoken communication skills.
· Exposure to Consultancy, FEED / Detailed Design and EPC projects.
· Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
· In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
· Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures.
· Activity Scheduling and discipline work priorities.