Do you have the drive, skills and ability to work with us as part of our Engineering team? To help shape the future of our business, our engineers and an instrumental project in the state. You will be involved in working as a member of our well-respected team from our Brisbane office, working collaboratively with our client to successfully deliver a fast-track project in the energy industry. This is a great opportunity to be part of an innovative team while obtaining valuable experience in fast-track project delivery.
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
The Quantity Surveyor role will act as a primary focal point for project quantity surveying on the Ampol Future Fuels project in Brisbane
In this role, you will undertake the following duties
· Carry out monthly measure on site and prepare in term evaluation to include all values relating to labour materials management, plant and equipment and escalation.
· Monitor progress at the fabrication yard and on site ensure that where applicable claims for recovery of loss and expense are submitted timeously and agreed with client, liaising with Project Controls Manager and referring to the appropriate conditions of contract.
· Highlight to the Project Controls Manager areas in which target productivity is not being achieved by means of a weekly report.
· Actively participate in the Project Change Management process and develop RoM and provide detailed estimates.
· Measure works against the Target Cost Estimate and provide the associated reporting.
· Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned from time to time.
· Support Project Controls Manager in maintaining project management documentation.
· Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
· Works autonomously with direct supervision.
· Liaise with the Project and Contractor Teams to ensure consistent basis for all project costs/plans.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage to deadlines.
· Experience in change management.
· Agile and pragmatic and accustomed to delivering standardised outcomes in a highly dynamic environment.
· Process and progress driven, based on factual analytics, combined with very transparent skills (up, transversally and down) of simple financial reflexes.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to deliver successful outcomes through dispersed teams
· PC Skills, MS Office specifically excel.
· Analytical skills associated with developing and utilizing performance measures and project reporting .
· Work autonomously with direct supervision.
· Ideally experience in Oil and Gas sectors.
· Professional Tertiary Qualification in relevant discipline
We foster an environment where you are challenged professionally and empowered to take the lead on your career development with the support and guidance of our leaders. We’re committed to making sure that every single person uses their time with us to gain valuable experience and skills for their future, so why not pursue your career with us today!
Kent | The Energy Within