Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
As a QC Manager, you will ensure good supervision of the work and personnel for assigned areas and activities on long-term revalidation project of existing LNG facilities in Port Arthur, TX.
- Lead/Coordinate the quality Site Installation/Erection package as appropriate to the agreed project objectives. Defined within QACP and ITP
- Coordinate all package QA/QC activities with project QA/QC Manager
- Update Project management team about quality monitoring status of the Site Package during absence of QA/QC Manager
- Perform the key quality Lead role as referred to within the company Quality Policy and associated procedures for the implementation of the company quality system on the Site Package
- Monitor and report quality issues to QA/QC Manager and shall report directly to the project management team during absence of QA/QC Manager.
- Review quality inspection and laboratory personnel, the Site Package personnel qualifications and training requirements.
- Action and close all quality actions on the Site Package, including but not limited to Non-conformances, Corrective Actions, Improvement Actions Etc.
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of all applicable project specifications, client, national and international standards requirements for the Site Package
- Implement all RA requirements for the Site Package
- Implement Skill development program to develop Inspectors, Supervisors, Electricians and Technicians on the Site Package
- Work with QA/QC Manager to achieve Project QA/QC Targets/ KPI’s on the Site Package
- QA/QC Manager for implementation and improvement of IMS within the Site Package
- Ensure effective control of quality documentation, records, non-conformances, and corrective actions. within the Site Package.
- Ensures the quality records, acceptance certificates, mechanical completion certificates and the documentation for specific systems and buildings/areas are prepared and collated in accordance with project requirements.
- Assist QM with evaluation of the Quality Management Systems of sub-contractors and suppliers engaged on the Site Package
- Assist QM with the Set-up of QA/QC procedures and Plans.
- Assist in establishing and performing Quality Audits and Site inspections.
- Assist QA/QC manger during IMS Internal audits.
- Control and monitor DCC & Laboratory department during the Site Package
- Ensure that there is an effective document control system maintained throughout the life of the within the Site Package
- Attend the weekly internal project review meeting and weekly QA/QC meeting as the client during absence of QA/QC manager.
- Coordinate all receipt of inspections. In the Site Package Coordinate with material controller for all material inspections. within the Site Package Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with appropriate alliance partners and subcontractor representatives.
- Review vendors/ sub-contractor QMS and ITP’s and monitor compliance.
- Review vendor quality records and manufacturing data books.
- Coordinate with the QA/QC manager and Systems Completion Team for the completion of as-built turnover documentation.
- Attend and lead daily and weekly quality meetings with Partner Quality Representatives
- Attend daily toolbox talks and make safety and quality contributions.
- Feed into and assist in development of Quality Performance Reports/Dashboards to established KPI/Metrics.
- Coordinate the timely compilation of QC as-built turnover documentation in support of systems handover and Lifetime Quality Records.
- Consider the implications of delays in QC as-built turnover documentation and bring to the attention of the Quality Manager
- Manage within the Site Package QA/QC department and Report to the Project management and client during absence of Alliance QM
- Perform the key role as described within the company Safety, Health & Environment Policy, and Statement and for the implementation of programs aimed at attaining zero accidents at work.
COACHING / MENTORING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage, mentor, support and motivate local staff in their development and integration into the positive values and culture within the group.
- Provide opportunities and guidance that enable the transfer of learning into effective practice for local staff and their managers.
- Assess the skills, values, and knowledge of new and current staff against the standards that apply to their role to devise individual, sector and service development plans.
- Provide learning opportunities related to the assessed needs of staff including induction and induction mentorship and continuing development opportunities, regularly reviewing, and evaluating their experiences over their employment journey.
HSE AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain standards of HSE and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care one’s of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
- 10+ years relevant Commissioning and Quality experience in oil & gas projects
- CSWIP 3.1 or 3.2 and PCN/ASNT Level 2
- BGS/ICORR would be advantageous.
- Engineering Qualification (C & G/BTEC/Engineering Degree)
- Site / Module fabrication Quality and completions system experience.
- Understanding of Module and Topside’s system operational requirements.
- Familiarity with leak testing execution
- Knowledge and practical experience of static and rotating equipment
- Committed safety leader.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality and Completions and Commissioning and project delivery
- Excellent / proven leader of men.
- Self-motivated, with a track record of successful onshore project execution
- Effective communicator across multi-national, multi-lingual teams.
- Ability to interface with multiple teams.
- Schedule and budget Control
- High degree of Package and delivery focus
- Ability to coach and mentor.
- Experience in preservation of static and rotating mechanical equipment.
- Experience with diverse work forces coming from a variety of experience bases world would be highly desirable.
- Good experience with CRA materials
- Field View/Power BI/Smart systems completion an advantage
- Be able to generate Reports/Dashboards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills English required.
- Possess strong quality systems and business acumen and in-depth knowledge of ISO procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of pre-qualification and supply chain quality management
- Collaborative team player - Should be able to establish solid working relationships with stakeholders across all regions and functions within the organization
- Ability to work with regional managers and suppliers in driving improvement projects.
- Good Quality experience in Special Processes such as Welding, NDE, Coating, Stress relieving, Pressure Testing and Dimensional Survey