Why Work at Kent?About you:
Join us. Unleash your energy within. If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting a strong PTW Coordinator for a long-term commissioning & start-up project in Sarnia, ON. Ideal candidate has electrical certifications and hands-on NLA process experience.
KEY REPORTING Relationships
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to the PTW Area Authority
- Supervises & Training and Silo PTW staff
- Interface with HSE Advisors and Commissioning Leads to ensure a safe and environmentally sound job area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Provides training to ISCT and Tiers 1’s ensuring personnel are competent.
- Provides leadership and troubleshooting to ensure efficient execution of the Permit to Work process.
- Provide expertise during Commissioning (Static & Dynamic) and Start-Up of facilities.
- Monitor preparation, planning and execution of permit to work activities by EPC Contractors.
- Liaises and interfaces with Tier 1’s, PMT, Start-Up, and Operations personnel.
- Identifies and resolves permit to work issues.
- Ensure through regular planned audits, that:
- Permit processes are being diligently and correctly followed by all.
- Field permit processes including lock outs, isolations, and gas tests are being followed correctly.
- Permit holders are compliant with procedures imposed by the permits they hold.
- College / University degree and/or technical diploma or 10+ years of Project Completion and Operations experience.
- Previous successful PTW experience during Mechanical Completion, Commissioning, and Operations planning.
- In-depth knowledge of:
- Project Completion standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria, as well as facilities commissioning and Start-Up operations.
- Work Authorization and Work Permits and appropriate safety criteria.
- Client practices, processes, and expectations with respect to work authorization and work permitting during Systems Completion, Preservation, Commissioning and Operations management planning.
- Expert technical skills and judgment.
- Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful working relationships and become a team player.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software programs.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and sub‑contractors.