Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is hiring a Project Manager on project sites in Victoria, TX region (reporting to our Houston office) with strong experience in managing multiple chemical, petrochemical and downstream type of projects. Prior field experience required.
- Lead as proposal manager in developing scope, cost and schedule as part of a project execution strategy and bid
- Manage and comply with complex master and professional service agreements and contracts with owner and Legal Department
- Meet key project indicators developed as part of the execution of a project
- Identify, clarify and document customer changes from initial project objectives and scope of work to support the change order process
- Be accountable for scope, cost, schedule and procurement on EPC projects which you are managing
- Manage project scope creep
- Lead role in coordinating development of proposals, representing the owner drives and working through schedule demands and conflicts
- Develop bi-weekly and monthly management reports
- Provide subject matter expert advice on design processes and/or construction methods
- Participate in review and improvement of company’s project management best practices
- Prior direct experience in managing multiple chemical, petrochemical and downstream type of projects and prior field experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four year college or university
- Minimum 7 years direct work experience in a project management capacity
- In depth understanding of the Oil & Gas industry in the Gulf Coast Region
- Understanding of the engineering and construction industry by way of experience in past employment with EPC companies or Clients
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Self-starter with hands-on approach and out-of-the-box thinking in development of project execution strategies that win projects
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Strong team player with exceptional communication and organization skills; focal point of all owner communication
- Have experience and be proficient in stage gate process
- Proficient skills in reading and understanding cost report trends and forecasting and working with project engineering to bring project team to meet budgets
- Proficient skills in understanding the links in a critical path schedule to analyze and forecast outcomes and develop recovery plans as required