Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting Project Director that is senior Kent Representative based in Basra, Iraq and is responsible for oversight, co-ordination and delivery of the project/s in Iraq.
The primary scope of the role commences when Kent is awarded a new scope of work (triggered by handover from proposals) by the client and covers the overall management responsibility for the safe, timely, commercially successful delivery of the works in hand to the required quality standards until the project is closed out. While the role does not strictly cover early phase business development, developing close, positive and trusting relationships with key target clients is a very important aspect of regular activities.
The role should significantly contribute to the continual improvement that will be required to increase competitiveness and professionalism within the company and strengthen how we are perceived by our clients.
This role is responsible for the safe, timely, quality and commercially viable delivery of projects in Kazakhstan and responsible for ensuring that the IMS is implemented, the Integrated Management System and all subsequent/associated procedures must be implemented in full. Activities include:
HSE and Quality:
• Validating that all Kent operational sites comply with best industry practice ensuring the safety of Kent personnel.
• Ensure that all of the company’s IMS procedures are being followed and implemented on the projects and monitored on a regular basis.
• Perform the key management role as described within the company Quality, Safety, Health & Environment Policy and Statement and develop and endorse a Health and Safety culture within the organization.
During Project Setup:
Responsible to ensure that the following has occurred in a timely and accurate fashion:
• Selection off the Personnel and that the appropriate team is built underneath
• That the Hand over from the Proposals group has been successfully completed.
• That the Project CCS has been correctly and accurately been set up
• That the following items have been correctly established: -
o Organisation structure
o Project Execution Plan (PEP)
o Baseline Schedule
o Establishing and signing off on the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for the project in question
o IMS Plan (or Quality and HSE Plans depending on client requirements)
o Work method statements
o Establish weekly and monthly reporting regime and structure and in line with the standard Kentech monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
o As the final step in the Setup phase: Carry out the construction readiness review and ensure that company guidelines are followed.
During Project Execution:
Ultimately responsible for the successful delivery of the projects. The role is one of oversight and monitoring and intervention/corrective action when matters are not progressing as appropriate. And must regularly track and review how the following activities are being managed/progressed by subordinates:
• Workface planning:
o Planning, co-ordination, execution and reporting of site works including the project work packs and associated WBS.
• Validation that the requisition labour, plant, material and subcontractor requirements are in place
• Validation that the project team and all subcontractors fully comply with the requirements of the IMS Plan (or Quality and HSE Plans depending on client requirements).
• That the reporting/feedback channels for progress on work pack reporting is correctly and accurately functioning.
• That the schedule reporting occurs accurately and timely
• That the CCSs are maintained and analysed appropriately.
• That commercial matters are being captured and assessed correctly and being present to management for analysis
• That monthly billing (base works plus variations) occurs in a timely and accurate fashion. Generate and submit valuations and sales invoices to the client.
• That change management procedures are implemented and followed.
• That commercial matters are being managed in order to maximize profit on the project and ensure targeted project margins are achieved.
• That weekly and monthly reports are completed and circulated in a timely & accurate fashion to the client and regional management.
• That the monthly Kent KPI reports are correct and up to date
• That the individual project Risk Registers are correct and up to date each month
• Performance appraisal of subordinates.
• It is your role to balance the required challenge and support in the above items to ensure
During Project Close-Out:
To ensure that the following activities occur in a timely and accurate fashion:
• That all client handover paperwork has been successfully delivered.
• Ensure that demobilisation of the project personnel has been completed in an efficient and compliant manner.
• That all formal notice of commencement of warranty period have been issued
• Hold project lessons learned debrief meetings with project team and client and ensure that these have been documented and filed in the company records
• Provide supplier/subcontractor appraisal.
• Preparation and submit final account and claim retention (if appropriate).
• Provide supplier/subcontractor appraisal.
• Validate that the project completion checklist has been completed
• Ensure that all commercial matters have been closed out.
• Construction Teams
• QA/QC & HSE Teams
• Project Controls Teams
• Systems Completions Teams
• Procurement & Logistics Teams
• HR, Training & Administration Teams
• Engineering Teams
• Preservation Teams
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• BSc in Electrical Engineering is essential
• PMP or equivalent preferred
• Computer Literate MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Ability to be able to structure and manage a team effectively.
• Experience building E&I Construction projects valued between $70 to $200mm
• Travel may be required internationally during early tender phase.
• Travel within Kazakhstan may be required during project execution.
• International experience is essential and ideally within the CIS region.
• Candidates must have experience working for an EPC Contractor or Subcontracting company.
• Site based PM experience is essential as well as a proven track record building E&I Construction jobs within the Oil & Gas sector.