Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that we’re far more than the sum of our parts together. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives and creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
As part of a leading consultancy, work with the Kent team based in (Calgary/Houston) to successfully participate in the delivery of Process Safety consultancy services across a wide range of clients within high-hazard industries such as Oil & Gas, Low Carbon and Renewables industries and through the energy transition.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work as part of a Process Safety consulting team, responsible for delivering a variety of process safety studies:
- Preparation, scribing / facilitating and supporting the facilitation of Process Hazard Analyses such as HAZOP, SILA, LOPA and Bow Ties.
- Consequence analysis through the modelling of Fire and Explosion scenarios.
- Data analysis, tool utilization and technical reporting for Facility Siting Studies and Quantitative Risk Assessments.
- Support Senior and Principal Process Safety Consultants in project work and ongoing client consultancy activities such as proposal writing and results in presentation.
- Lead smaller tasks and take on project management responsibilities.
- Coordinate with other groups and departments within Kent to provide an integrated solution to the client, including Process Safety as part of Kent Engineering Services.
- Develop your technical skills and competence in risk identification, risk assessment and risk management methodologies to take the next step to becoming a Senior Consultant.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline (Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental, Petroleum Engineering).
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of relevant work experience, preferably within high hazard industries, with at least two years in process/technical safety.
- Proven technical competence in executing and delivering risk assessments and risk analyses, with demonstrated strong skills in one or more of the following:
- Process Hazard Analyses scribe/facilitation such as HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SILA and LOPA.
- Consequence and frequency analyses
- Consequence modelling of hazardous releases, dispersion, fires, and explosions
- Fault / Event Tree Analysis
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA).
- Bow Tie Analysis
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and thorough self-checking mentality.
- A cooperative and helpful attitude toward both colleagues and clients.
- A strong drive and willingness to continue learning from clients and colleagues.
- Adaptable to changing working hour requirements to accommodate project work and client needs in other time zones.
- Flexible in the work location as needed (home/remote, Kent office, client’s office)
- Interest in tool development and process optimization through programming applications (e.g., VBA, Python, Matlab)
- Either having or working towards a Professional Engineering license (P. Eng., P.E.), Chartered Engineer (CEng), or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) status is desirable.