Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Principal Process Engineer to work on predominately early-stage process engineering activities (i.e. concept, appraise and select studies) as well as operational support and troubleshooting, to provide practical solutions to our clients’ challenges, including the requirement to decarbonise oil and gas production.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
Joining our Engineering & Consulting business in Aberdeen, you’ll be in a world-class and growing team of over 30 process engineers helping our clients deliver more from their existing assets safely and efficiently and helping them on their energy transition journeys. You will work on a variety of projects, involved in the analysis, assessment, optioneering and design of process systems, ranging from single discipline studies to large multidiscipline projects. Working closely with our clients, you’ll be consulting with them to develop a full understanding of their project requirements, delivering cost effective and innovative solutions.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working. We also have a number of members of the team who work flexibly or part time and are very happy to accept applicants on that basis.
· Be the Lead Engineer on a study, performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
· Present work to clients, virtually and face-to-face through reports and presentations.
· Involvement in a large variety of work, from process optimisation, production efficiency improvements, tie-in studies and a range of schemes to lessen the carbon intensity of oil and gas production including introduction of new energy sources.
· Oversee more junior engineers under your supervision who are running process simulations, preparing process flow schemes, mass balances and equipment sizes, and preparing reports.
· Supervise and develop junior engineers
· Responsible for the delivery of high-quality deliverables, ensuring compliance with relevant codes and standards and internal procedures.
· Understand clients’ requirements and contribute to winning bids for work
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or similar
· Likely Chartered Engineer status with the Institution of Chemical Engineers or equivalent
· Significant related experience in the Oil and Gas Industry and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition projects
· Experience in feasibility or concept selection
· Experience using HYSYS/UniSim, performing standard process engineering calculations and developing technical reports
· Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
· Cost awareness
· Proactive approach
· Multi-tasking abilities
· Attention to detail
· Team player
· Understanding of relevant industry codes and standards
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.