Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for Principal Onshore Pipeline Enigineer. Joining the consulting side of our Engineering & Consulting business, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting and exciting projects. As part of our highly experienced Pipeline Engineering team, you will provide value-adding, specialist engineering support to our clients.
You will primarily contribute to Onshore Pipeline scopes, with responsibilities including:
· Delivering concept / feasibility and FEED studies for onshore developments.
· Producing competent onshore pipeline designs, with appropriate selection of materials, operating and design pressures/temperatures, fatigue resistance, pipeline sizing, and protection design.
· Producing suitable management systems for pipelines, including QA/QC, safety management, environmental management, and integrity management systems.
· Developing pipeline routing criteria and routing maps, allowing for land rights and legal considerations.
· Producing pipeline alignment sheets, field layouts, block valve stations drawings, plot plans, land reservation maps, stations approach drawings, and other pipeline-related drawings as appropriate.
· Preparing of pipeline specifications, data sheets, and material take-offs.
· Preparation of specifications and data sheets for bends, flanges, valves, actuators, and fittings.
· Contributing towards bids and proposals.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Engineering degree (honours or equivalent) in mechanical, structural, civil, naval architecture or similar engineering discipline.
· Chartered status is considered advantageous.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proven success in delivering studies and preparing clear, concise reports against time, cost, and quality objectives.
· An understanding of onshore pipeline constructability and fabrication.
· Experience of onshore pipeline testing, pre-commissioning, and commissioning activities.
· Experience of concept / feasibility design studies for Onshore Pipeline developments; experience of FEED is considered advantageous.
· Experience in the design and assessment of CO2 and H2 pipelines is considered advantageous.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic, reliable and mature approach to work.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.