Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking to recruit Power Service Technicians to be based in Saudi Arabia for power plant operations team .
Independently carry out the maintenance, installation, Testing, overhauling, and modification activities on the plant’s HV & MV electrical equipment (380 KV GIS substations, GCBs, MV switchgear, Power cables, Power transformers, Dry transformers, instrument transformers, DC systems … ) in accordance with standard maintenance procedures, HSE guidelines, and quality standards to attain effective functionality and reliability.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Independently carry out required routine preventative maintenance work according to set schedule and plant procedures to facilitate continuous operations.
- Using power test equipment like ( CBC100, Battery tester Torkel 930 , HV tester, Megger, DLR, CB analyzer, BDV oil tester,etc.,)
- Monitor the physical condition of all systems and equipment in the plant and report non-conformances to POD foreman to facilitate effective maintenance of all plant facilities as per set Quality/ HSE standards.
- Respond to electrical failures and implement corrective actions in adherence with procedures and guidelines to reduce downtime and maximize the functionality of the equipment.
- Troubleshooting using necessary tools, test equipment and spare parts including diagnosis, dismantling, repair, part change, checking, cleaning and reassembly to validate that all systems in good working condition for smooth operations.
- Diagnose causes of malfunction or failure of operational equipment such ( 380 KV GIS substations, GCBs, , MV switchgear, Large power transformers, Power Cables , power transformers, instrument transformers, batteries, etc., and take corrective measures in collaboration with Instrumentation and Control Supervisor.
- Read and understand technical manuals, control diagrams and system diagrams and apply the knowledge to carry out maintenance and troubleshooting tasks, to prepare for the instrument and control maintenance to systems and equipment in the assigned area.
- Reporting functions/Test reports and Checklists to POD Forman
- Support for preparing the spare lists.
- Documentation :Update the maintenance logbook and record details of work carried out including defaults, problems, various findings, and conditions of all electrical systems to ensure timely availability of information and organized referencing.
- Problem Solving/Complexity :Good knowledge of Electrical Power Circuits and drawings and Electrical Safety.
- Supervision and decision making authority :Leadership qualities to Independently do any electrical jobs in the Plant in an effective & efficient manner to achieve the desired company /divisional objectives and implement good Electrical Safety standards. Continuous/Partial/Close-out Supervision may be required.
- Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures :Adhere to all relevant organizational and departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner.
- Health, Safety, Security & Environment :Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed
- A technical certificate / Associate’s Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and oral. A good understanding of Electrical standards is essential.
- Familiar with SAP system
- 8 Years experience as a technician in the maintenance and testing of Electrical equipment including ( 380 KV GIS substations, GCBs, MV switchgear, Large power transformers, Power Cables , power transformers, instrument transformers, batteries, etc.) in a plant environment.