Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for Commissioning Team Lead in Electrical Discipline that will report to the Commissioning Manager. The Commissioning Team Lead interface with PE’s, CMT, MC, Start-Up, and Operations personnel on discipline specific (Electrical) issues.
- Provides Electrical discipline specific technical, planning and execution management support to the Commissioning Manager.
- Managing all activities within the matrix organisation jointly and in collaboration with other Discipline Leads and the Commissioning Manager.
- Provide Discipline technical leadership and expertise to the core commissioning team and at Engineering and Construction interfaces.
- Support each Area and the team at the interface and Turnover from Construction at Mechanical Completion and at Handover of Commissioned Systems to Operations.
- Ensuring that equipment and systems are fully commissioned at Handover, and ready to operate in compliance with the Project design, standards and specifications, the Systems Completion Plan and Control Procedures.
- Direct ownership and execution management of all specialist and discipline specific Static & Dynamic Commissioning resulting in Handover to Operations and providing assistance in Start-Up and Acceptance Testing efforts.
- Supports the Commissioning Superintendents in working with Start Up as one integrated team from commissioning to initial plant operation, ensuring a smooth transition to Operations and acceptance of the facilities.
- Identifies and manages discipline commissioning resource needs, tools, test equipment, plant, spares etc.
- Ensure the right resource levels and technical skills are assigned to meet each Area's schedule and commissioning execution requirements
- Managing and directing core Electrical discipline teams of commissioning supervisors and technicians, vendors and specialist subcontractors/ third party personnel across all plant areas (as well as at SITs and SAT's).
- Ensures appropriate Commissioning, and Handover documentation is completed correctly and comprehensively.
- Review and supports development of discipline Commissioning Plans and Schedules, Level 3 and Level 5 for the assigned plant Area and activities.
- Manages execution discipline activity against these plans and schedules to ensure a safe and effective completion of commissioning phase and transition of systems to steady state operations.
- Support maintenance of the Systems Completion Database and Planning interface for MC and Commissioning progress tracking, reporting certification, and quality purposes.
- Progress and productivity reporting against the Area schedules and performance metrics including the completion of daily timesheets, productivity sheet.
- Support development of Commissioning (Static & Dynamic) Management Procedures, Systems Acceptance Procedures/Progress Monitoring, Turnover and Completion Packages, and provide input to Start-up and Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for Safety and Environmental controls for activities in all buildings, systems and zones within their areas of activity under Care, Custody and Control (support from HSE team).
- Interface with Company Safety Advisor and Contractor Safety Officers to ensure a safe and environmentally sound job area.
COACHING / MENTORING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage, mentor, support and motivate local staff in their development and integration into the positive values and culture within the group.
- Provide opportunities and guidance that enable the transfer of learning into effective practice for local staff and their managers.
- Assess the skills, values and knowledge of new and current staff against the standards that apply to their role in order to devise individual, sector and service development plans.
- Provide learning opportunities related to the assessed needs of staff including induction and induction mentorship and continuing development opportunities, regularly reviewing and evaluating their experiences over their employment journey.
HSE and Quality Responsibility
- Maintain standards of HSE and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care one’s of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in Oil & Gas industry.
· Established track record in supervision of large teams through Completion, Commissioning, Start Up and initial plant operations.
· Strong understanding of Project execution, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning & Completion practices.
· Petrochemical and module yard experience is preferred.
· International experience is an asset.
Details about the role:
Location: Tengiz, Kazakhstan
Travel Required: N/A
Experience Level: 8-10 years experience in Oil & Gas