Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that we’re far more than the sum of our parts together. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives and creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for an Instrumentation and Electrical Engineer with experience in Engineering, Procurement and Consulting. The Engineer’s duties will be carried out under the direction/guidance of the Automation/Instrumentation Engineering Manager or Project Discipline Lead.
- Your responsibilities: Quality checking and design guidance for all 2D/3D CADD Drafting and design
- Prepare and check Instrument Loop diagrams as well as Control Systems cabinets design and wiring
- Participate in design reviews, HAZOPs and SILA/LOPAs
- Prepare and check hook-up, installation and Instrument/Fire and Gas location plans
- Perform instrument engineering; including Instrument selection, specification, and inline device sizing calculations
- Support in the development of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Review project documents for scope, presentation, and technical accuracy
- Develop Material Requisitions for field instruments, automated valves, control systems and completion of Technical Bid Evaluations
- Review and approve vendor documents
- Develop Control Narratives and Cause and Effect diagrams/SDK’s
- Provide support for engineering work estimates
- Interface and approve mechanical equipment packages on behalf of the instrumentation and controls department scope of work
- Interface with various engineering disciplines, suppliers, and other areas of the company
- Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting, to meet project goals
- Complete weekly and monthly progress reporting to the client along with Bi-Weekly schedule reviews
- Degree or Diploma in Instrumentation/Control Systems or Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or College.
- 10+ years of instrumentation and Electrical Engineering/Design experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Proven track record of successful projects
- Highly motivated and organized
- Understanding and familiarity of API, ASME, CSA and ISA codes and directives
- Registration with PEO as P.Eng/Limited License is preferred
- Expertise using Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI) and knowledge of 2D/3D design/drafting
- Site experience in construction or commissioning of plant Instrumentation and Control Systems would be an asset
- Experience working with SPI (Smart Plant Instrumentation) is preferred