Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
The I&C Engineer’s duties will be carried out under the direction/guidance of the I&C Department Manager and ranging from;
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Assigned as working Lead (sub-lead. area lead or project lead) for multiple sustaining capital projects, while still being able to take on Engineering/Design related deliverables.
- Checking Instrument Loop diagrams as well as Control Systems cabinets design and wiring.
- Participating in design reviews, HAZOPs and SILA.
- Validation and checking of installation details and Instrument/Fire and Gas location plans.
- Performing instrument selection, specification and inline device sizing calculations.
- Developing instrumentation deliverables in SPI such as instrument index, I/O list, I/O assignment, Equipment List and Alarm Rationalization List.
- Reviewing project documents for scope, presentation and technical accuracy.
- Developing Material Requisitions for field instruments and automated valves as well as completion of Technical Bid Evaluations.
- Development of Control Narratives and Cause and Effect diagrams.
- Support in providing estimates for engineering work.
- Reviewing and approving vendor documents.
- Interfacing with other disciplines for required input (such as mechanical equipment packages)
- Providing home office support to on-site personnel and the construction management team.
- Assist in providing technical support to engineering groups at site.
- Interfacing with various engineering disciplines and suppliers
- Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting to meet project goals/targets.
- Completing input to the weekly and monthly project reporting along with schedule reviews
- Degree/Diploma specializing in Instrumentation and Control Systems from an accredited University or College.
- 5+ years of instrumentation design experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Experience using Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI).
- Proven track record of successful projects and Highly motivated/organized.
- An understanding of Oil sands Safety acts, regulations and codes.
- Understanding and familiarity of API, ASME, CSA and ISA codes and directives.
- Site experience in construction or commissioning of plant Instrumentation and Control Systems for Alberta Oil and Gas facilities would be an asset.
- Registration through APEGA as a P.ENG/P.L. (ENG) is an asset.