About the job:
Kent is recruiting a I&C Commissioning Lead for a long-term Commissioning & Startup Project based in Texas.
KEY REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
• Reports to the CSU (Commissioning & Start-Up) Lead
• Supports the Area Commissioning Leads and interfaces with PE’s , CMT , MC, Start-Up, and Operations personnel on discipline specific issues.
• Direct supervisor of Instrument Discipline Specialists assigned to site-wide support, and provides technical management and direction of Area Discipline Specialists and System Owners in the execution of the Systems Completion process against the Area schedules.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The I&C Commissioning Lead provides all discipline specific technical, planning and execution management support to the Area Commissioning Leads.
• Managing all activities within the ISCT matrix organization jointly and in collaboration with other Discipline Leads and the Area Commissioning Leads
• Provide Discipline technical leadership and expertise to the core commissioning team and at Engineering and Construction interfaces.
• Support each Area and the TO/HO team at the interface and Turnover from Construction at Mechanical Completion and at Handover of Commissioned Systems to Operations.
• Ensuring that equipment and systems are fully commissioned at Handover, and ready to operate in compliance with the Project design, standards and specifications, the Systems Completion Plan and Control Procedures.
• Direct ownership and execution management of all specialist and discipline specific Static & Dynamic Commissioning resulting in Handover to Operations and providing assistance in Start-Up and Acceptance Testing efforts.
• Supports the Commissioning Superintendents in working with Start Up in the ISCT as one integrated team from commissioning to initial plant operation, ensuring a smooth transition to Operations and acceptance of the facilities.
• Identifies and manages discipline commissioning resource needs, tools , test equipment , plant, spares etc.
• Ensure the right resource levels and technical skills are assigned to meet each Area’s schedule and commissioning execution requirements.
• Managing and directing core discipline teams of commissioning supervisors and technicians, vendors and specialist subcontractors/ third party personnel across all plant areas (as well as at SITs and SAT’s).
• Ensures appropriate Commissioning, and Handover documentation is completed correctly and comprehensively (supported by TO/HO team ).
• Review and supports development of discipline Commissioning Plans and Schedules, Level 3 and Level 5 for the assigned plant Area and activities.
• Manages execution discipline activity against these plans and schedules to ensure a safe and effective completion of commissioning phase and transition of systems to steady state operations.
• Support maintenance of the Systems Completion Database and Planning interface for MC and Commissioning progress tracking, reporting certification, and quality purposes.
• Progress and productivity reporting against the Area schedules and ISCT performance metrics.
• Support development of Commissioning (Static & Dynamic) Management Procedures, Systems Acceptance Procedures/Progress Monitoring, Turnover and Completion Packages, and provide input to Start-up and Operating Procedures.
• Responsible for Safety and Environmental controls for activities in all buildings , systems and zones within their areas of activity under ISCT Care, Custody and Control (support from ISCT HSE team).
• Interface with Company Safety Advisor and Contractor Safety Officers to ensure a safe and environmentally sound job area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• College/university degree and/or technical diploma and 15+ years of Project Completion and Operations experience.
• Established track record in supervision of large teams through Mechanical Completion, Commissioning, Start Up and initial plant operations.
• Good working knowledge of Intools.
• Good understanding of Fiber optic communication networks.
• Proven strong technical skills in discipline subject matter.
• In-depth knowledge of Project Completion standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
• Strong understanding of Project execution, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning & Completion practices.
• Demonstrated management and organizational ability for diverse teams on a large project.
• Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling and tracking.
• Demonstrated work ethic with delivery focus with strong organizational ability.
• Exposure to Oil Company practices, processes, and expectations with respect to Systems Completion, Preservation, Commissioning and Start Up operations.
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and sub contractors.