Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a HSSE Advisor that will ensure all relevant HSSE procedures are implemented on project site and to assist project staff and Project HSSE Manager where necessary.
• Understand the requirements of project HSSE Plan & HSSE Management to ensure the system is implemented in daily work activities on site.
• Perform and HSSE inductions for Project in line with project requirements
• Assist HSSE Manager in scheduling, arranging and delivering HSSE training effectively to Project personnel to increase and maintain high level of HSSE awareness
• Communication the Project HSSE Policy and HSSE information such as alerts, bulletins, campaigns, toolbox talks etc. to all project personnel.
• Develop Project specific HSSE information such as alerts, bulletins, campaigns, toolbox talks etc.
• Participate in and where required facilitate the preparation, review and modifications of risk assessments, method statement and other HSSE documentation for Alliance Partners and contractors.
• Assist and where required complete accident / incident forms for Project related incidents.
• Lead / Participate in accident / incident investigation and reporting as necessary and follow up the corrective actions until completion.
• Monitor safe transportation, storage, handling and disposal of chemicals on site as applicable.
• Ensure tools and equipment including vehicles are inspected, tested and colour coded as required by relevant procedure and inspections recorded using appropriate form.
• Support the Client and Alliance with emergency drills for Project emergencies as required.
• Ensure waste is segregated, stored and disposed properly and log maintained.
• Perform inspection of fire detection and firefighting equipment regularly and report findings to concern in time for corrective actions.
• Perform HSSE Audits & inspections as per the Project HSSE audit inspection schedule and monitor follow up and closeout of corrective actions for the findings raised.
• Actively monitor work area through the pro-active enforcement of HSSE rules and regulations.
• Advice / guide site employees on selection, use, limitations, maintenance, and storage of personal protective equipment and monitor the compliance.
• Closely monitor the compliance with the Project permit to work system as applicable.
• Ensure work platforms are safe to use and meets site requirements related to access, egress and work platforms.
• Monitor subcontractors HSSE compliance with Alliance HSSE rules and regulations on site and provide feedback to project management.
• Prepare and submit necessary daily, weekly & monthly HSSE reports within agreed timescales and to acceptable standards
• Prepare, review and analyze HSSE statistics as required
• Participate and provide necessary input for project HSSE meetings to review HSSE performance and participate in client meetings as required.
• Establish and maintain effective work relationship between Alliance Partners, Client, contractors and subcontractors.
• Understand and follow routes of communication as per project organization chart.
• Assume overall HSE responsibilities on the projects where only one HSE representative on a project site
• Lead by example and never knowingly walk by an unsafe act or condition
• Promote the implementation of Client Loss Prevention System (Light) Program & Client Life Saving Actions
• Actively participate and promote hazard observation
• Demonstrate a visible and active personal commitment to “why I work safely”
• Demonstrating full commitment to the Project charter of daring to care.
ESSENTIAL WORK ACTIVITIES
• Developing Relationships
• Collecting Information
• Representing Company
• Orally Informing/Investigating
HSE AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain standards of HSSE and comply with the Alliance and Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care of one’s own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
•Nebosh National General Certificate in health and safety or NVQ level 4 as a minimum.
•Work related experience including in similar size / nature of projects.
•Working knowledge of OHSAS: 18001, ISO 14001
•Computer literate – proficient in MS Office, Power point etc.
•Knowledge of internal / external auditing process. (Added advantage)
•First aid training (added advantage)
•Understanding of behavioural based safety approach
•Investigation skills (moderate)
•Report writing. (moderate)
•Presentation skills (moderate)