Why Work at Kent?About you:
Join us. Unleash your energy within. If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Project Electrical Engineer to support/manage projects from initiation through project close-out. Projects consist primarily of $1-15M Midstream (Pipeline & Terminal) projects. Responsible for providing day to day technical support, troubleshooting, and project management to a defined operating area. Commissioning Project Experience is a plus.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Midstream engineering Subject Matter Expert for process control systems, power systems, instrumentation, motors and other related electrical equipment
- Provides guidance and mentorship to Field Electrical engineers including electrical design reviews, HazOps / risk assessments, project execution guidance and completing tailored training programs
- Engages in I&E technical communities internally/externally to identify risk or technology improvements
- Overall responsibility to deliver assigned projects safely while meeting quality, cost, and schedule goals
- Leads development of MPG deliverables including, but not limited to, cost and schedule estimates, gate packages, project safety plans, project staffing, design reviews, constructability reviews, etc.
- Participates in bid package development, bid evaluation, and contractor selection
- Participates in identification & sourcing long lead equipment, assuring Engineering & Procurement (E&P) contractor support until equipment is delivered to the Construction contractor
- Coordinate resolution of project issues and capture project opportunities to drive overall performance
- Engages functional resources to verify that the design & construction is consistent with project specifications & standards
Functional Skill Sets:
- Responsible for managing field execution and financial stewardship of facility upgrades and technical maintenance work within a defined geographic or operating area which may include terminals, pipeline and salt dome storage facilities.
- Includes managing several projects in various stages of execution and comprehends project scope definition, engineering design, estimate development, material and service procurement, schedule development and field execution using the project implementation processes. Individual projects are generally up to $2M in appropriation.
- Provides day-to-day, multi-discipline technical support and trouble-shooting for a defined geographic or operating area, and actively participates with the Operating Business Team to develop, recommend and implement practical solutions to effectively utilize and manage area operating assets.
- Works with facility equipment including pumps, piping, valves, flow meters, tanks, salt domes, flares, docks, foundations, structures and other mechanical- and civil-related assets.
- Participates in operating area risk management activities.
- Depending on work location and area of responsibility, position involves between 20% and 50% of time outside the office working with Operations personnel at field operating locations. A portion of the field work may involve travel and overnight stays.
Behavioral Skill Sets:
- Electrical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited institution
- Programming experience with Allen Bradley products (RSLogix and Factory Talk Software: PLC, HMI)
- 3 or more years of Midstream electrical experience
- Familiar with Midstream electrical assets:
- High Voltage substations
- Medium Voltage: switchgear, motor starters, VFDs, transformers, induction motors
- Low Voltage: motor control centers, transformers, LV actuators (480VAC)
- Pipeline Metering Systems: meters, flow computers, provers
- Control systems: PLC, HMI, network equipment, UPS
- Instrumentation: pressure/temperature transmitters
- Field experience troubleshooting electrical and control systems
- Project management and systems completions experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptable- weekly travel expected
- Ability and willingness to take instruction from EM assigned supervisor.