Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
This key position in our Canadian organization has primary responsibility for the leadership, supervision and administration of multi-discipline engineering teams across our Canada projects. Key functions include estimating and forecasting departmental workloads, training, maintenance of work processes and procedures, recruiting and hiring, maintaining the technical expertise required by each discipline, and implementing personnel performance evaluations. In addition, this key leadership role is highly influential with Kent’s strategic direction for E&P, EPCM and EPC services in Canada.
· Act as client focal point for technical inquiries
· Responsible for the quality, technical adequacy, and satisfactory, on-schedule completion of all work produced by multi-discipline teams.
· Provide guidance, direction and assistance for the resolution of engineering and design challenges.
· Guide staff in career development, conduct personnel reviews, and prepare succession plans for all key engineering positions.
· Budget responsibilities for professional activities, and training.
· Review scope definitions and prepare estimates and forecasts as required.
· Develop and implement company policies, standards and procedures for engineering and design performed.
· As needed, participate in the direct review and approval of designs and changes in design within own discipline of expertise.
· Participate in proposal meetings and other meetings / committees as appropriate.
· Perform project audits to ensure a quality product and compliance with project and Kent KMS procedures.
· Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
· Capable of developing all classes of cost estimates from Conceptual to Detailed.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 20+ years of experience as a minimum.
· Minimum of 5 years delivering engineering services in Canada with strong preference for Alberta, Canada.
· Active Professional Engineering License in Province of Alberta is mandatory. Other provinces in Canada are optional.
· Demonstrated experience overseeing multi-discipline engineering scopes of work in Oil & Gas industry.
· Demonstrated experience leading large teams as well as overseeing leaders of teams. (>100 employees as a minimum)
· Demonstrated experience in establishing new/improved work processes in engineering design.
· Demonstrated experience managing a single-discipline or multi-discipline department with EPC industry.
· Demonstrated experience with multi-office project execution