Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting a Construction Engineer who has recently graduated or is looking to develop their career, to be based at Fawley, Southampton. The successful candidate will be required to support frontline package coordination, construction and commissioning skills. the required applicants are to assist in supporting Package Installation, Mechanical Completions, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning of multi-discipline Subsystems and Systems associated with allocated Equipment Packages. Kent is looking for a Construction Engineer that will be responsible in supporting coordination of the production of construction deliverables and provides progress reporting for a project in accordance with the project plan. Supports the management of the interfaces between engineering offices, construction/ commissioning disciplines, project controls, procurement, and third-party contractors or suppliers.
The core function of this role is to support the Kent site Project Management Team in delivering certain works packages. This is part of a recruitment drive during 2022 to develop and grow our General Project Delivery capability in the UK and forms part of the company strategic objective to develop emerging talent. We are seeking high caliber people for this role, who are starting out in their career and have the talent and enthusiasm to progress.
- Participates in the planning and scheduling of the scope of Engineering and construction for the project and provides inputs to the project technical document register.
- Monitors the construction progress, addresses shortfalls, assists in developing recovery plans where required and ensures plans are implemented. Provides feedback to Direct Supervisor and engineering discipline supervisors as and when required on the progress.
- Ensures participation of the engineering and construction team members in project engineering reviews and assists in resolution of any issues arising out of the same.
- Attends project review meetings and ensures that associated reports are compiled and distributed accordingly.
- Ensures that interface issues between disciplines are addressed and seeks management advice and assistance where required.
- Provides progress monitoring and reporting against that plan. Implements corrective action with assistance from Direct Supervisor, as and when variations from plans occur.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues with support from Engineering/Project services personnel and resolving with Project Management and Client.
- Ensures compliance with Kent’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Complying with other Kent accredited frameworks such as ISO14001.
- Ensures that the TDR and all project registers (e.g., Trends, action tracker, interface, TQ etc.) are populated and maintained.
- Attend key project and vendor meetings and minute where required by the PM or EM
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor.
- Demonstrate safety leadership at all times and conducts HSSE site visits
- The promotion of quality at all times on the project in accordance with the project Quality Management Plan.
- Promote a plan driven culture whereby all aspects of a project are adequately planned and reported.
- Actively deliver in accordance with the project execution plan the detailed project objectives and strategies, work scope, risk management, overall work plan and schedule, commercial plan, quality and safety requirements etc., consistent with the terms of the respective Contract.
- Comply with project specific PMP/PEP and client common processes applicable to the project.
- Ensure common understanding of scopes of work with all disciplines, all stakeholders including the client (PMT, CMT and operation)
- Coordinate all construction and commissioning activities associated within each phase i.e., design, materials, fabrications, contracts, implementation, commissioning and handover; including liaison with other Project Engineers in line with established asset priorities.
- Ensure that project activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall engineering & construction schedule.
- Responsible to the Project Manager to ensure that all systems are engineered, designed, constructed and commissioned to project and client Global Practices and Standards and correct specifications.
- Provide documentation to represent company, project and/or department, client and project
- Supports project in tracking and stewarding delivery packages and construction packages against current plan
- Identifies early opportunities and supports discipline / function execution
- Identifies & communicates priority systems to drive discipline leads in accordance with the project schedule.
- Interfaces with disciplines / functions to identify slippage within current plan and advise corrective action to recover schedule.
- Set goals and objectives to advance the schedule and identifies opportunities to advance the schedule
- Liaise with Alliance Partners & ensure project requirements are being maintained in line with the project execution strategy
- The administering of the contract agreements between Kent and its subcontractors whereby Kent and Client interests are protected, and costs are managed.
- The monitoring and control of project performance against approved budget, schedule, and quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to AMECFW Management and Client.
- Responsible for the management of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that the change control is applied.
- Coordinating multi-discipline engineering and construction teams in the delivery of work scopes through regular progress meeting and by facilitation where multi-discipline issues require discussion and resolution.
- Site implementation readiness activities ensuring that workpacks, materials and the appropriate workforce / P&E are in place to execute the work.
- Ensure timely completion project close-out and the securing of the final project acceptance and contract release from client.
- Challenge and improve working practices and Procedures via the quality management system
- Coordinates the production of the construction deliverables for an area of the project, in accordance with the plan. Coordinates input from multiple offices, engineering disciplines, procurement, project controls and third parties.
- Decisions relating to general resource requirements, general technical issues between disciplines, and day to day corrective action to maintain progress in accordance with the plan. Decisions limited to that delegated by Direct Supervisor.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Degree in Engineering or Construction related subject.
- Good coordination skills.
- Experience of EPC projects beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge of other engineering/construction disciplines.
- Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
- Knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures.