Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting a Construction Director on a permanent basis based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. You will be responsible for overseeing construction activities across multiple ADNOC onshore brownfield projects. This role gives you the opportunity to advise on constructability studies and construction plans from bid stage to completion, as well as present to internal and external stakeholders to display your extensive expertise.
This will be a regional role supporting East projects and proposals. Candidate must have managed construction of large (>$1B) oil and gas projects in either ME, Asia or Africa, capable to lead constructability workshops, write construction plans, knowledgeable on subcontract markets, commercially strong. Preference is ME based position however some flexibility possible.
• Plan and schedule all construction activities and provide Construction procedures as required.
• Responsible for full implementation of the Construction Execution Plan in the field.
• Responsible for overseeing the planning and safe execution of all construction work and reporting.
• Provide Project Manager and Client timely progress updates.
• Finalize construction Mobilization Plan and temporary facilities requirement.
• Mobilize personnel in accordance with the staffing plan and identify additional manpower requirements as and when required.
• Mobilization and management of the construction supervision and resources carrying out the work on the various contracts.
• Ensure constant surveillance of the various contracts for adherence / compliance to the specific quality and HSE plans and procedures.
• Act as technical and logistical support to the construction supervision.
• Ensure that all personnel receive sufficient training to effectively complete the various contracts.
• Ensure that the construction team has the correct equipment and materials.
• Act as technical and logistical advisor for any roadblocks that may come up on the projects.
• Be a nominated representative of Kent at client Site Meetings and deliver presentations to client, Kent management or employee groups.
• Monitor and report the progress of the various projects in accordance with company requirements.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with client representatives and company employees on site.
• Initiate and direct safety & quality audits.
• Monitor the performance of the project portfolio from a construction perspective.
• Responsible for productivity and efficiency and must be able to delegate and instruct team members.
• Manage and develop an effective team of competent construction personnel to successfully execute the various projects.
• Monitor performance, manage and motivate the team and set performance targets for the team. Instil discipline and accountability in the team.
• Oversee all Accident & Incident Investigation.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
Degree qualified in an engineering subject / discipline
At least 20 years post-graduation work experience in the Oil & Gas / Petrochem sector
- Extensive experience in EPC / PMC and EPCM construction projects
- ADNOC Onshore project experience and knowledge essential
- Constructability advice from concept through to reviews
- Comfortable presentation and public speaking
- Able to oversee multiple large scale construction projects
Fluent in spoken and written English, Arabic is a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
• People management
• Internal / external stakeholder management
• Progress reporting
• Project reviews